NVIDIA Brings the Cinematic Experience to CES
Company Showcases Diverse Product Line Designed to Further the Evolution of Digital Devices
For more information contact:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
CONSUMER ELECTRONICS SHOW—LAS VEGAS, NV—JANUARY 7, 2004—NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), the worldwide leader in visual processing solutions, will demonstrate a “New World of Cinematic Computing” at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas from January 8-11. Featuring a diverse line-up of graphics and multimedia technologies, NVIDIA provides the ultimate foundation for powering a new generation of digital devices.
“As consumer interest in digital devices and media such as digital cameras, camcorders, high-definition TV, PC games, DVDs and MP3 music players skyrockets, today’s PCs are increasingly becoming the centerpiece of the digital home,” said Dan Vivoli, executive vice president of marketing at NVIDIA “NVIDIA’s graphics and multimedia technologies are at the forefront of unleashing the PC’s potential as a powerful all-in one entertainment device for the digital decade, or as we like to call it, the new era of cinematic computing.”
At CES, NVIDIA will showcase:
- Cinematic Computing: NVIDIA’s award-winning family of GeForce™ FX graphics processing units (GPUs) for desktop and notebook PCs unleashes next-generation 3D graphics, special effects and set-top quality video playback found at the heart of today’s most popular multimedia software applications, such as PC games, digital photography, home video editing, DVD playback and more.
- Live, Interactive 3D Character Demo with Jim Henson’s Creature Shop: NVIDIA and the Creature Shop will debut “Dawn,” one of the world’s most detailed, 3D-generated characters. Brought to life through a mix of the latest 3D graphics technologies and traditional puppetry techniques, “Dawn” will be interacting with show attendees daily.
- 3D Graphics Solutions for Mobile, Wireless Devices: NVIDIA’s GoForce™ media processors are energy-optimized chips which accelerate graphics and video content within extremely limited power budgets, providing handset designers with the ability to deliver high-resolution, picture capture, video capture, video playback, gaming and multimedia messaging applications on cellular handsets and handheld devices.
- Media Center-based PCs and software: Already the technology of choice for the majority of Media Center-based PCs, NVIDIA is extending its product offering to include the new ForceWare™ Multimedia software application, a simple-to-use program designed to bring television viewing, DVD playback and VCR-like storage capabilities to networked PC users.
- Innovative New PC Designs: The design and flexibility of NVIDIA-based graphics and media communications processing solutions is enabling a new breed of high-end multimedia PCs designed to replace the traditional beige-box with a sleek, consumer electronic-like device that complements any room in the home. From Media Center PCs to portable gaming PCs, some of the most innovative new PC designs will be on display at the NVIDIA booth.
In addition, NVIDIA and its partners will showcase some of the hottest new PC games of 2004, including Unreal Tournament 2004 from Epic Games and Battlefield Vietnam from EA Games. The NVIDIA booth is located in the South Hall (#20293) of the Las Vegas Convention Center. For additional details about NVIDIA at CES, log on to http://www.nvidia.com.
NVIDIA Corporation is a market leader in visual computing technology dedicated to creating products that enhance the interactive experience on consumer and professional computing platforms. Its graphics and communications processors have broad market reach and are incorporated into a wide variety of computing platforms, including consumer digital-media PCs, enterprise PCs, professional workstations, digital content creation systems, notebook PCs, military navigation systems and video game consoles. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and employs more than 1,800 people worldwide. For more information, visit the Company’s Web site at www.nvidia.com.
Certain statements in this press release, including any statements relating to the Company's performance expectations for NVIDIA's family of products and expectations of continued revenue growth, are forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause results to be materially different than expectations. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, manufacturing and other delays relating to new products, difficulties in the fabrication process and dependence of the Company on third-party manufacturers, general industry trends including cyclical trends in the PC and semiconductor industries, the impact of competitive products and pricing alternatives, market acceptance of the Company's new products, and the Company's dependence on third-party developers and publishers. Investors are advised to read the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K and quarterly reports on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, particularly those sections entitled "Certain Business Risks," for a fuller discussion of these and other risks and uncertainties.
# # #
Copyright © 2004 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on NVIDIA, please visit the NVIDIA Press Room at http://www.nvidia.com/page/press_room.html