Driver Delivers Highest Quality Support for NVIDIA's Top-to-Bottom Graphics Processor Family
For Further Information Contact:
Public Relations Manager
For Immediate Release
SANTA CLARA, CA — February 17, 2000 — In conjunction with the launch of Microsoft Windows 2000, NVIDIA™ Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA) today announced that its award-winning family of 3D graphics processors provides full support and optimizations for the new Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional, the business operating system for the next generation of computing. Providing the lowest cost of ownership for commercial institutions, NVIDIA's single universal driver provides Windows 2000 compatibility for every desktop platform from NVIDIA Quadro™-based workstations to NVIDIA Vanta™-based low-cost managed PCs. By combining NVIDIA's award-winning hardware and world-class software driver with Microsoft's state-of-the-art business operating system, the professional user will have support for the latest hardware capabilities, including:
- Advanced power management
- Plug-and-play support
- Multimonitor support
- Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) and Peripheral Component
- Interconnect (PCI) support
- Full support for DirectX7.0 and Direct3D application program interfaces (APIs), including the first 3D graphics company to deliver transform and lighting to the Windows 2000 platform.
"NVIDIA has a proven reputation for delivering technology that provides the highest level of performance and compatibility for industry standards," stated Dan Vivoli, senior vice president of marketing at NVIDIA. "By working closely with Microsoft, NVIDIA has once again delivered an industry first – a designed for Windows 2000 logo driver built to ensure that every type of user within the business organization has access to the best graphics hardware."
Optimized for next-generation CPUs and DirectX 7.0, NVIDIA's software provides the highest performance and quality for NVIDIA-based PC products. In addition to performance enhancements, the software improves overall stability and is forward compatible with future NVIDIA processors. Windows 2000-ready, NVIDIA's software is available now at http://www.nvidia.com.
The first 3D graphics semiconductor company to deliver a complete top-to-bottom family of 3D graphics solutions, NVIDIA gives developers the advantage of one unified driver and one architecture across all implementations. The proven graphics architecture and massive gate counts translate into stunningly realistic, high-performance results. NVIDIA single-chip processors enable high-frame-rate 3D graphics, benchmark-winning 2D graphics, and VGA and video acceleration for unequaled visual realism and real-time interactivity. Optimized for both Direct3D™ and OpenGL® APIs, the NVIDIA products currently include:
- NVIDIA GeForce 256™ for the PC enthusiast market. The world's first graphics processing unit, GeForce 256 delivers an order-of-magnitude increase in geometry processing power and enables unmatched access to interactive content.
- NVIDIA Quadro™ for professional workstations, digital content creation, and MCAD markets. The Quadro processor integrates the revolutionary QuadEngine™ architecture for optimized transform and lighting functions.
- NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 for the performance PC market. The RIVA TNT2™ and RIVA TNT2 Pro™ feature NVIDIA's award-winning, fourth-generation, 128-bit 3D architecture that has garnered more than 400 industry awards.
- NVIDIA Vanta™, and RIVA TNT2 M64™ for the commercial PC markets. Also based on the award-winning RIVA TNT2 architecture, these processors offer low-cost, highly integrated choices for entry-level add-in card and motherboard applications.
- NVIDIA Aladdin TNT2™ for the sub-$1000 PC market. The first truly integrated, core-logic GPU, Aladdin TNT2 redefines the possibilities for the lowest-cost platforms.
The computing industry recognizes NVIDIA as the global leader in advanced graphics processing technology for mainstream platforms, awarding the company the most awards in the history of the PC industry. The unmatched breadth of the NVIDIA product family enables gripping multimedia experiences for the entire desktop computer market from workstations to internet-enabled appliances. In use by large corporations, small- to medium-sized businesses, and home-based consumers, NVIDIA products are the solutions of choice for the top PC OEMs, add-in card designers, and system builders worldwide. NVIDIA graphics processors deliver superior performance and crisp visual quality for PC based applications such as manufacturing, science, e-business, entertainment, and education. For more information, please visit the Company's web site at http://www.nvidia.com.
Certain statements in this press release, including the statements relating to the Company's performance expectations for NVIDIA's family of products and expectations of continued revenue growth, are forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause results to be materially different than expectations. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, manufacturing and other delays relating to new products, difficulties in the fabrication process and dependence of the Company on third-party manufacturers, general industry trends including cyclical trends in the PC and semiconductor industries, the impact of competitive products and pricing alternatives, market acceptance of the Company's new products, and the Company's dependence on third-party developers and publishers. Investors are advised to read the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K and quarterly reports on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, particularly those sections entitled "Factors Affecting Operating Results," for a fuller discussion of these and other risks and uncertainties.
Notes to Editors: The recommended way of writing GeForce 256 is with an uppercase G and F, all other letters lowercase, with a space between GeForce and 256.
The recommended way of writing Vanta and Quadro is in title case. Please note that the recommended way of writing NVIDIA, RIVA 128, RIVA 128ZX, RIVA TNT and RIVA TNT2 is all CAPITALS.
NVIDIA, the NVIDIA logo, RIVA TNT, RIVA TNT2, NVIDIA Vanta, NVIDIA Quadro and GeForce are trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation. Other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.