NVIDIA Premieres International Version of NVDVD 2.0
Company’s Versatile Multimedia Software Player Now Offered in 14 Localized Versions
For further information, contact:
European PR Manager
Ciarán Brennan or Clive Gorman
Bastion (NVIDIA PR)
Tel: +44 (20) 7490 1323
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
SANTA CLARA, CA—JANUARY 20, 2003—NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), the worldwide leader in visual processing solutions, today announced the immediate availability of the international version of NVIDIA® NVDVD™2.0. With support for 14 separate languages and an extensive variety of digital media file formats, including DVD movies, music MP3s, AVI and MPEG2 video files and more, NVDVD 2.0 is the ultimate software player for today’s consumers who prefer to use a single application for all of their digital media.
Consumers can download a free, 14-day trial version of NVDVD 2.0, directly from www.nvidia.com. From the trial, consumers can directly purchase a fully localized version of NVDVD 2.0 for $39.95 USD—with support for 14 languages, including Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish, and Spanish (Latin America). To facilitate international sales, NVIDIA has developed an online ordering system that is fully localized in each respective language.
“As we move deeper into the world of consumer electronics, NVIDIA NVDVD software player plays a key role,” said Dan Vivoli, executive vice president of marketing at NVIDIA. “NVDVD is not only the ultimate software-based DVD player, it also functions as a MP3 player, Karaoke machine, digital photo slide show player, and more. With NVDVD running on their PC, users can now enjoy an unbelievable multimedia experience—on the road, at home, in a plane, or at their desks.”
Featuring a new, customizable user interface and incorporating a host of innovative and cool new features designed to bring more control to end users—including an advanced toolbar that offers additional playback functionality, including: subtitles, angle change, frame and audio capture, repeat modes, bookmarks and more—NVIDIA NVDVD 2.0 delivers the ultimate digital media experience on all PC platforms.
In addition to the new user interface, NVIDIA NVDVD unleashes a host of advanced features geared towards extending the DVD playback experience, including:
- NVIDIA Sceneshare™ technology: NVIDIA Sceneshare technology extends the DVD experience by allowing users to bookmark their favorite movie scenes and easily share them with other NVDVD users. Users can send sceneshares to their friends via e-mail or post them for download.
- Capture screenshots and audio clips: Movie images and audio clips are easily captured and integrated into Windows® backgrounds and themes, or shared via e-mail with one click of the mouse.
- Bookmark movie clips: Designed for users who don’t have the time to watch a complete movie in one sitting, the Bookmark Browser allows for indexing of scenes for playback at a later time.
- Create custom player skins: NVDVD allows users to control the look and feel of their playback environment by selecting from built-in skins or creating their own using NVIDIA skin architecture.
- Play MP3s, photo slideshows and more: Not just for DVD playback, NVDVD is also a full-fledged media player and supports a wide variety of digital media formats.
- Video on Desktop: NVDVD enables users to integrate DVD playback into their Windows wallpaper, while maintaining access to desktop icons and applications.
- NVIDIA nView™ multi-display technology: Enabled only by NVIDIA GPUs, nView technology allows users with multiple monitors to playback DVDs on any screen at full acceleration.
- Easy speaker set-up wizard and audio calibration: Take the guesswork out of complex audio set-ups to get a rich Dolby® Digital audio experience.
With support for Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, Dolby Pro Logic II and Dolby Headphone technology, NVIDIA NVDVD 2.0 heightens the overall playback experience by delivering impressive surround sound audio. NVIDIA NVDVD 2.0 is compatible with desktop and notebook PCs outfitted with Microsoft® DirectX®-compatible graphics processors, and can be plugged directly into Windows Media Player 9 series for use on Windows XP Media Center Edition multimedia PCs.
NVIDIA Corporation is a market leader in visual computing technology dedicated to creating products that enhance the interactive experience on consumer and professional computing platforms. Its graphics and communications processors have broad market reach and are incorporated into a wide variety of computing platforms, including consumer digital-media PCs, enterprise PCs, professional workstations, digital content creation systems, notebook PCs, military navigation systems and video games consoles. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and employs more than 1,400 people worldwide. For more information, visit the company’s Web site at www.nvidia.com.
Certain statements in this press release, including the statements relating to the Company's performance expectations for NVIDIA's family of products and expectations of continued revenue growth, are forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause results to be materially different than expectations. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, manufacturing and other delays relating to new products, difficulties in the fabrication process and dependence of the Company on third-party manufacturers, general industry trends including cyclical trends in the PC and semiconductor industries, the impact of competitive products and pricing alternatives, market acceptance of the Company's new products, and the Company's dependence on third-party developers and publishers. Investors are advised to read the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K and quarterly reports on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, particularly those sections entitled "Certain Business Risks," for a fuller discussion of these and other risks and uncertainties.
# # #
Copyright © 2003 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on NVIDIA, please visit the NVIDIA Press Room at http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=press_room.