NVIDIA Takes Visual Computing to New Extremes with NVIDIA Quadro® Plex VCS Model IV
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SANTA CLARA, CA—APRIL 24, 2007—NVIDIA® Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), the worldwide leader in programmable graphics processor technologies, today announced a new version of the NVIDIA Quadro Plex visual computing system (VCS), which incorporates the unified architecture and GPU computing capability of NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600 GPUs. This new Quadro Plex VCS pushes visual computing to new extremes, boosting workstation and cluster performance for a wide range of high-performance, graphics-intensive styling and design, oil and gas, and scientific applications.
NVIDIA Quadro Plex VCS Model IV features include:
- A new unified architecture, first introduced with the NVIDIA Quadro FX 4600 and 5600 solutions, dynamically allocates compute, geometry, shading and pixel processing power to deliver optimized GPU performance
- GPU computing for visualization combines hardware computing features with NVIDIA CUDA™ technology to solve complex, data-intensive challenges
- Next-generation vertex and pixel programmability with Shader Model 4.0 enables a higher level of performance and ultra realistic effects for OpenGL and DirectX 10 applications
- Massive, 3 GB frame buffer (1.5 GB frame buffer per GPU) delivers high capacity for interactive visualization of large models and real-time processing of large textures and frames with the highest quality and full-screen antialiasing
- Accelerated 3D texture performance for more interactive visualization of large volumetric datasets
- Frame Synchronization allows display channels from multiple workstations to be combined into one large "virtual display"
Featuring NVIDIA SLI™ multi-GPU technology, the NVIDIA Quadro Plex is an external, visual compute system delivering a 20x increase in density when compared to traditional GPU solutions. By delivering rendering power of up to 80-billion pixels per second and seven billion vertices per second with resolutions as high as 148 megapixels on 16 synchronized digital-output channels or eight HD SDI channels, the Quadro Plex can be configured as a single system or added to a visualization cluster for immense scalability.
The Quadro Plex VCS Model IV is priced at $17,495 (MSRP) and is currently available through NVIDIA and distribution partners worldwide including PNY Technologies, Leadtek, and Elsa. Visit www.nvidia.com for Quadro Plex system configurations and additional product details.
NVIDIA Corporation is the worldwide leader in programmable graphics processor technologies. The Company creates innovative, industry-changing products for computing, consumer electronics, and mobile devices. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit www.nvidia.com.
Copyright© 2016 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on NVIDIA, please visit the NVIDIA Press Room at http://www.nvidia.com/page/press_room.html