For further information, contact:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
SANTA CLARA, CA—MAY 2, 2007
|NVIDIA product manager Justin Walker discusses the GeForce 8800 Ultra graphic processor and the definitive gaming platform.
Download Podcast (8MB)
The best components will provide the best gaming experience possible. Dual GeForce 8800 Ultra graphics cards running in NVIDIA® SLI mode on a
NVIDIA nForce 680i motherboard create the definitive gaming platform.
|The new GeForce 8800 Ultra is the flagship of NVIDIA's top-to-bottom product line-up of DirectX 10 GPUs and delivers the ultimate in gaming performance.
When OEMs configure their top-of-the-line gaming systems, such as the Dell XPC 710 H2C or the Alienware Area-51 7500 they turn to the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra and NVIDIA SLI technology.
- Today NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA) introduced the world's fastest graphics processing unit (GPU), the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra.
- The NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra performs an average of between 10 and 15% fasteri than the GeForce 8800 GTX GPU, previously considered the fastest GPU on the planet,ii across a wide range of top games and applications.
- NVIDIA nForce® 680i SLI-based motherboards for Intel processors provide the fastest and most feature-rich platform for the GeForce 8800 Ultra. NVIDIA refers to these systems as the "definitive gaming platform."
- Consumers will be able to experience high-resolution, visually rich gaming and high-definition video playback with support for Blu-ray and HD DVD content.
- Definitive gaming platforms built with any nForce 600 Series motherboard are forward compatible with the new Intel processors with support for 1333FSB technology.
- Graphics cards equipped with the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra GPU and 768MB of video memory will be available at e-tailers and retailers worldwide by May 15th. NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra graphics card launch partners include Asus, BFG, EVGA, Gainward, Galaxy, Gigabyte, Innovision, Leadtek, MSI, PNY, Point of View, Sparkle and XFX.
Prices range from $829 and higher.
- GeForce 8 Series GPUs are the first shipping DirectX 10 GPUs and are the reference GPUs for Microsoft DirectX 10 API development.
- GeForce 8800 GPUs are the developer's platform of choice for this year's top DirectX 10 titles, including Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, Crysis, Age of Conan, Hellgate: London, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, World in Conflict, BioShock, PT Boats, and Cryostasis.
- Developers creating next-generation OpenGL titles, such as Enemy Territory: Quake Wars are also using GeForce 8 Series as their development platform of choice.
- GeForce 8 Series GPUs include all required hardware functionality defined in the Microsoft Direct3D® 10 specification, with full support for the DirectX 10 unified shader instruction set and Shader Model 4 capabilities.
- DirectX 10 is included with Microsoft Windows Vista and delivers unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects for games, all rendered in real-time on a GeForce 8 Series DirectX 10-capable GPU.
Attribute to Ujesh Desai, general manager of desktop GPUs at NVIDIA:
"The definitive gaming platform is built around the fastest components available and today there is no disputing those components include the GeForce 8800 Ultra GPU and an NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI-ready motherboard. The graphics industry evolves extremely quickly and it is quite an achievement when you can leapfrog your own performance milestones in succession like we have done with these GeForce 8 Series GPUs."
Attribute to Glen Robson, general manager of Dell gaming products
"Dell is deeply committed to designing PCs that cater to gamers' needs and desires and offering the latest and greatest GPUs is a key technology differentiator. NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra GPUs deliver stunning performance gains today and support the key features that will facilitate an awesome visual experience on DirectX 10 titles."
For more information, please visit http://www.nvidia.com or listen to the NVIDIA podcast located at http://download.nvidia.com/podcasts/pr/050207_geforce_8800_ultra.mp3.
i Based on testing the GeForce 8800 Ultra and the GeForce 8800 GTX at a variety of resolutions from 1280x1024 up to 2560 x1600. The system used featured the Intel Conroe 2.93GHz CPU, C55+MCP55 chipset, and 2048MB of RAM. Applications tested include 3DMark 2006, Battlefield 2142, Battlefield 2, Call of Duty 2, Doom3, FarCry v1.4 BETA, Prey, Quake 4, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Half-Life 2 Episode One, and Half-Life 2 Lost Coast. Maximum increase was 27.4%; minimum increase was .4%; average was 12.7%. Data is available up on request.
ii "Expectedly the card is the fastest on the market and leaves all competitors far behind." ComputerBase Magazine. "Gamers who want the best want the GeForce 8800GTX hands down as it offers the best performance, features and supported gaming titles than anything on planet Earth." Motherboards.org. More can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/page/8800_reviews.html
NVIDIA Corporation is the worldwide leader in programmable graphics processor technologies. The Company creates innovative, industry-changing products for computing, consumer electronics, and mobile devices. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit www.nvidia.com.
Certain statements in this press release including, but not limited to the benefits, impact, performance and features of GeForce 8800 Ultra graphics cards and Microsoft DirectX 10 and our goal are forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause results to be materially different than expectations. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, delays in ramping new products into production; software bugs; manufacturing defects; delays in manufacturing or delivery of products; developments of new products and technologies by competitors; unexpected loss of performance when system builders integrate NVIDIA products and technologies; continued acceptance and use of new technologies and products; the impact of competitive products and pricing alternatives; changes in industry standards and interfaces; as well as other factors detailed from time to time in the reports NVIDIA files with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its Form 10-Q for the quarter ended October 29, 2006. Copies of reports filed with the SEC are posted on our website and are available from NVIDIA without charge. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and speak only as of the date hereof, and, except as required by law, NVIDIA disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect future events or circumstances.
Copyright© 2016 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on NVIDIA, please visit the NVIDIA Press Room at http://www.nvidia.com/page/press_room.html