For further information, contact:
(408) 486- 2626
SANTA CLARA, CA—MAY 15, 2007
|NVIDIA helped Capcom add Extreme High Definition support to the PC version of Lost Planet with up to 2560x1600 resolution.
|Lost Planet PC will feature higher resolution special effects, better shadows, and more detailed textures to heighten the game’s realism and explosive intensity.
|In Lost Planet, players battle hostile creatures across inhospitable frozen fields and blazing volcanic terrain. NVIDIA worked closely with Capcom to enhance the game’s graphics on the PC and incorporate DirectX 10 technology.
Video (Quicktime 17.5MB)
- Lost Planet: Extreme Condition is the first game demo that takes advantage of NVIDIA GeForce 8 Series DirectX 10-compatible graphics processors.
- NVIDIA has worked closely with Capcom to bring the hit Xbox 360 action shooter to the PC, providing technical expertise and GeForce® 8 Series graphics processing units (GPUs) for development and testing. Lost Planet is in NVIDIA’s The Way Its Meant To Be Played® program.
- Lost Planet will feature Extreme High Definition (XHD) support with up to 2560x1600 resolution, higher resolution special effects, and improved lighting and shadows.
- NVIDIA and Capcom are conducting extensive testing to ensure maximum compatibility and stability when gamers play Lost Planet on NVIDIA GeForce GPUs.
- The demo is available at http://www.nzone.com/object/
nzone_lostplanet_downloads.html. The final version of the game is scheduled for release in North America on June 26th, 2007.
- Microsoft DirectX 10 is included with Microsoft Windows Vista and delivers unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects for games. DirectX 10 games running on GeForce 8-series GPUs will deliver rich, realistic scenes, increased character detail and shadow effects, and more lifelike animations.
Quote by Jun Takeuchi, producer of Lost Planet:
"NVIDIA technical expertise was critical in making our game look even better on the PC. The incredible rendering power of NVIDIA GeForce graphics processors allows gamers to experience every amazing detail that Lost Planet has to offer."
NVIDIA Corporation is the worldwide leader in programmable graphics processor technologies. The Company creates innovative, industry-changing products for computing, consumer electronics, and mobile devices. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit www.nvidia.com.
Copyright© 2013 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on NVIDIA, please visit the NVIDIA Press Room at http://www.nvidia.com/page/press_room.html