About NVIDIA Foundation
NVIDIA’s community engagement programs are driven by the NVIDIA Foundation. Established five years ago, the Foundation is an employee-led corporate foundation that aims to be a catalyst for change in the global communities where our employees reside. All of the Foundation’s programs are conceptualized and driven through several non-executive employee groups.
The Foundation’s strategies reflect NVIDIA’s core business attributes and provide a framework for building programs. Its three strategies are to:
- Leverage employees’ time and talent to identify and execute innovative programs
- Have a transformational impact in the communities we serve
- Partner with our customers, partners and suppliers to amplify our impact
Based on global employee feedback, the Foundation’s programs focus on three main causes:
In 2010, we launched our Compute the Cure
initiative, which funds researchers who are using NVIDIA GPUs to fight cancer. The initial focus for the program is on genomics. In addition to supporting cancer researchers, we have launched an effort to improve employee awareness and cancer prevention efforts.
The Foundation’s education programs target improving K-12 math and science education with the goal of inspiring the future science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) workforce. Focus is put on providing opportunities to succeed to underserved and underrepresented youth. Funding is targeted at decreasing the dropout rate and bridging the digital divide through technology training and product donations. Employees are given opportunities to use their skills to help students through mentoring and tutoring programs.
The Foundation focuses on improving the quality of life of individuals and our communities through a variety of programs and partnerships that support basic and critical needs—such as sorting food at local food banks and building homes for families in need.
NVIDIA Foundation Board of Directors
Comprised of 12 non-executive employees, the board meets twice a month to guide global programs. Board members serve a two-year term, and worldwide employees can submit applications during open recruitment times. Board members:
- Analyze employee feedback and program metrics to make decisions for global programs
- Review programs annually to determine areas for improvement
- Work on Foundation subcommittees to build programs
NVIDIA Foundation Operations Team
The Foundation’s operations team is responsible for the overall success of the Foundation’s programs. Guided by input from various employee committees, the team:
- Develops, refines and executes programs that support key strategies and focus areas
- Manages the worldwide Foundation budget
- Tracks and reports on key objectives and metrics
- Supports charitable programs in each field office
Local Giving Committees
Employee-led committees in remote U.S. and regional offices support the goals and programs of the Foundation in their locations. These committees:
- Plan and execute local giving and volunteer programs
- Recruit employee participation in their local events
- Report goals, budgets and results to the Foundation operations team
Global Employee Population
NVIDIA employees around the world are regularly given the opportunity to provide feedback on the issues they care most about addressing. This feedback guides the overall direction for the Foundation’s programs. Employee feedback is gathered through:
- Annual employee survey
- Post-event surveys
- Comments and suggestions posted on our corporate intranet