For further information, contact:
“SIGGRAPH attendees can see how Robert Rodriguez used NVIDIA Quadro graphics and AMD Opteron processors to create special effects for the movie, Grind House.”
- Workstations featuring AMD Opteron™ processors and NVIDIA Quadro® graphics processors help studios create more realistic visual effects in less time.
- At SIGGRAPH 2007, AMD and NVIDIA are showing how acclaimed filmmaker Robert Rodriguez (Sin City, Planet Terror) created visual effects imagery for the movie Grind House using AMD Opteron processors and NVIDIA Quadro-powered workstations.
- AMD and NVIDIA will both feature a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Grind House in their SIGGRAPH booths: AMD (booth #1102) and NVIDIA (booth #513).
- AMD will also showcase an NVIDIA Quadro Plex 1000 visual computing system (VCS) in its booth during SIGGRAPH. NVIDIA Quadro Plex solutions deliver breakthrough levels of productivity and capability for visual computing professionals.
- All of the workstations in the NVIDIA booth during SIGGRAPH will be powered by nForce® Professional media and communications processors and AMD Opteron processors.
- SIGGRAPH will take place August 7-9th at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, California. For more information, go to http://www.siggraph.org/s2007/.
Quote by Charlie Boswell, director of Digital Media and Entertainment at AMD:
“When the world’s most prestigious effects and film studios use AMD Opteron processor-based systems with the rocking NVIDIA Quadro professional graphics boards to realize their creations, you can be assured this is a powerful combination for cinematic workstation production,” said Charlie Boswell, director of Digital Media and Entertainment at AMD.
Quote by Jeff Brown, general manager, NVIDIA Professional Solutions:
“Creating genre-defining visuals, like the ones Robert Rodriquez produced for Grind House, requires an investment in the most powerful graphics and processing power available,” said Jeff Brown, general manager, Professional Solutions, NVIDIA. “By adding professional workstations with NVIDIA Quadro graphics and AMD Opteron processors to the production pipeline, artists can focus on being creative, knowing their workstations are operating at peak performance.”
NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the worldwide leader in programmable graphics processor technologies. The Company creates innovative, industry-changing products for computing, consumer electronics, and mobile devices. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA, and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit www.nvidia.com.
Copyright© 2013 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on NVIDIA, please visit the NVIDIA Press Room at http://www.nvidia.com/page/press_room.html