GPU Gems 3 Describes Programming for 3D Games and Scientific Research
NVIDIA Book Compiles World's Most Advanced GPU Programming Techniques
For further information, contact:
The front-cover image of GPU Gems 3 was rendered in real time using techniques described in the book. Such exacting realism previously required hours to render on high-end workstations, but can now be viewed in real time using NVIDIA GPUs.
- GPU Gems 3 is the latest in a series of collections of cutting-edge GPU programming techniques for computer graphics and parallel computing from NVIDIA®. The book is designed for software developers and scientific researchers who want to exploit the immense parallel processing power of the GPU.
- The techniques in GPU Gems 3 enable game developers to create ultra-realistic characters, better lighting, and post-rendering compositing effects. The awesome processing power of NVIDIA programmable GPUs can also be used for non-graphics applications, such as physics simulation, financial analysis, and even virus detection—particularly when coupled with the new NVIDIA CUDA™ programming architecture.
- GPU Gems 3 is a full-color, hard-bound book of approximately 1,000 pages published by Addison-Wesley. It will be available at the SIGGRAPH 2007 bookstore and at major book retailers including Amazon and Borders.
- The book includes contributions from more than 20 companies including Apple, Crytek, Electronic Arts, Microsoft Research, Infinity Ward, SEGA and NVIDIA; and contributions from more than 15 academic institutions including Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Imperial College of London, the University of Illinois and the University of Tokyo.
- GPU Gems 1 & 2 were published by Addison-Wesley in 2004 and 2006 respectively.
- More information and sample chapters are available at developer.nvidia.com/gpugems3.
Quote by Martin Mittring, Lead Graphics Programmer at Crytek
“The GPU Gems series features a collection of the most essential algorithms required by next-generation 3D engines.”
NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the worldwide leader in programmable graphics processor technologies. The Company creates innovative, industry-changing products for computing, consumer electronics and mobile devices. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA, and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit www.nvidia.com.
Copyright© 2013 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on NVIDIA, please visit the NVIDIA Press Room at http://www.nvidia.com/page/press_room.html