Design Professionals Hit The Jackpot With New NVIDIA Quadro Graphics Solutions For Autodesk Applications
Quadro Professional Graphics Solutions for Desktop and Mobile Workstations Introduced at Autodesk University in Las Vegas
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Autodesk University 2009 (Booth #319), LAS VEGAS — Dec. 1, 2009 — NVIDIA Corp. today launched new Quadro® professional graphics solutions for desktop and mobile workstations, designed to boost productivity and enhance creativity of 3D design professionals running Autodesk applications.
Optimized and certified for AutoCAD, 3ds Max and other Autodesk software, the new offerings include:
- NVIDIA® Quadro® FX 380 LP low profile entry-level graphics solution
- The most affordable and flexible Quadro professional graphics solution, with an MSRP of $169 (USD), is perfect for design professionals moving from 2D to 3D
- Best-in-class performance increases productivity with up to a 10X acceleration in AutoCAD 2009 versus consumer graphics cards1
- 512 MB of graphics memory enables designers, animators, architects and engineers to create and interact with more complex models and scenes while increasing visual quality
- Low profile design easily fits into small form factor desktop systems
- EnergyStar compliant, ultra-low 28W maximum power consumption
- Meets stringent performance and reliability requirements for business critical applications
- NVIDIA Quadro® FX 3800M and Quadro® FX 2800M mobile workstation solutions
- Ideal for demanding design professionals on the go
- Delivers the highest level of graphics performance in the new Dell Precision M6500 17-inch mobile workstation
- Features up to 128 CUDA™ cores for massively parallel computational graphics
- Delivers 30-bit color accuracy for display of over one billion colors
- 1 GB dedicated graphics memory enables efficient manipulation of larger data sets in graphics-intensive 3D applications, such as Autodesk Revit Architecture, Inventor and Moldflow
- Combines high-performance graphics with high-performance computation to enable real-time ray tracing, interactive volume rendering, and the fastest video encoding available in a mobile workstation
- PowerMizer® 9.0 intelligent power management technology for extended battery life while maintaining optimal performance
At the NVIDIA booth, as well as the HP and Dell booths, Autodesk University attendees can experience the range of Quadro solutions built for professionals to do their jobs more efficiently, with greater precision, and with higher levels of creativity.
Additional demonstrations include:
- The NVIDIA® RealityServer® platform, featuring mental images® iray® technology for groundbreaking, 3D cloud computing that enables the streaming of interactive, photorealistic 3D applications to any web connected PC, laptop, netbook or smart phone
- NVIDIA Quadro Plex scalable visualization solutions, featuring NVIDIA 3D Vision™ technology to create immersive and collaborative design review environments;
- Cutting-edge digital prototyping with NVIDIA CUDA-based Autodesk Moldflow software;
- NVIDIA “Built for AutoCAD Professionals” Dell Precision T1500 desktop workstation demonstration, featuring the NVIDIA Quadro FX 580 professional graphics solution
- “Leveraging the massively parallel CUDA computing architecture, the new NVIDIA Quadro® FX 3800M and Quadro® FX 2800M graphics solutions transform the Dell Precision M6500 into a high performance mobile workstation that’s ideal for the most demanding 3D design professional.”
- Shawn Worsell, product manager, NVIDIA Professional Solutions Group
- “The new NVIDIA Quadro® FX 380 LP is the most affordable 512MB professional graphics solution on the market. Despite its small size and ultra-low power consumption, it delivers best-in-class performance and over twice the speed of consumer cards when running professional applications.”
-Jeff Brown, general manager, NVIDIA Professional Solutions Group
- “NVIDIA Quadro professional graphics cards—that’s what you want, and that’s what you need if you want to see AutoCAD running properly.”
-Lynne Allen, Autodesk Evangelist
Useful Links / Videos:
For more information, contact:
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) awakened the world to the power of computer graphics when it invented the graphics processing unit (GPU) in 1999. Since then, it has consistently set new standards in visual computing with breathtaking, interactive graphics available on devices ranging from portable media players to notebooks to workstations. NVIDIA’s expertise in programmable GPUs has led to breakthroughs in parallel processing which make supercomputing inexpensive and widely accessible. Fortune magazine has ranked NVIDIA #1 in innovation in the semiconductor industry for two years in a row. For more information, see www.nvidia.com.
# # #
1AutoCAD 2009 running Cadalyst 2008 Benchmark, Vista 64, Quadro FX 380 LP with Performance Driver vs. GeForce GTS 250.
Certain statements in this press release including, but not limited to, statements as to: the benefits, features, impact, performance and capabilities of NVIDIA Quadro graphics solutions, NVIDIA RealityServer, NVIDIA 3D Vision technology, and CUDA architecture are forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause results to be materially different than expectations. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially include: development of more efficient or faster technology; design, manufacturing or software defects; the impact of technological development and competition; changes in consumer preferences and demands; customer adoption of different standards or our competitor's products; changes in industry standards and interfaces; unexpected loss of performance of our products or technologies when integrated into systems as well as other factors detailed from time to time in the reports NVIDIA files with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its Form 10-Q for the fiscal period ended October 25 2009. Copies of reports filed with the SEC are posted on our website and are available from NVIDIA without charge. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and speak only as of the date hereof, and, except as required by law, NVIDIA disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect future events or circumstances.
© 2009 NVIDIA Corporation. NVIDIA, the NVIDIA logo, Quadro, Quadro Plex, PowerMizer, CUDA, and NVIDIA 3D Vision are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. mental images, iray, RealityServer, are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of mental images GmbH, Berlin, Germany, in the United States and/or other countries. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice. Other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
Copyright© 2016 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on NVIDIA, please visit the NVIDIA Press Room at http://www.nvidia.com/page/press_room.html