NVTriStrip is a library for vertex cache aware stripification of geometry.
- generates strips from arbitrary geometry.
- flexibly optimizes for post TnL vertex caches.
- can stitch together strips using degenerate triangles, or not.
- can output lists instead of strips.
- can optionally throw excessively small strips into a list instead.
- can remap indices to improve spatial locality in your vertex buffers.
- API and OS independent.
Update Feb. 17, 2004:
Fixed memory leaks.
A library for vertex cache aware stripification of geometry.
This page contains the slides for the 2002 ArtFutura conference. Please note that the slides are in Spanish.
This page contains the presentations that were given at the Indie Games Conference in 2002.
This presentation covers improving performance in Direct3D 8.
This simple application runs a number of timing functions to determine how long each call takes. This reveals that some methods of getting the elapsed time can take 150 times longer than others. The difference in timer function call speed can make a large difference in your timing accuracy!
This document covers five common mistakes and pitfalls that kill performance under DX7.