- Added support for the following GPUs:
Quadro M6000 24GB
- Fixed some locking issues in libnvidia-egl-wayland.so.
- Fixed several libnvidia-egl-wayland.so interaction problems with buffer management Wayland protocols.
- Fixed several EGL driver interaction problems with resizing windows in Wayland.
- Fixed a bug that caused some DRM PRIME configurations to fail when DRM KMS was enabled (i.e., nvidia-drm.ko's modeset kernel module parameter was set to "1").
- Fixed a bug that could cause a kernel crash when VDPAU was used while DRM KMS was enabled.
- Changed the default OpenGL installation type to use the GLVND GLX client libraries rather than the legacy non-GLVND libraries.
- Added initial support for Direct Rendering Manager Kernel Modesetting (DRM KMS).See the DRM KMS section of the README for details.
- Added a new kernel module, nvidia-drm.ko, which registers as a DRM driver with both PRIME and DRM KMS support.
- Added support for the following EGL extensions:
to enable Wayland applications to run on NVIDIA's EGL implementation,
to enable Wayland compositors to run on NVIDIA's EGL implementation, and
to enable Mir and Wayland compositors to display their content through EGLDevice, EGLOutput, and EGLstreams.
- Added a Wayland platform library, libnvidia-egl-wayland.so, to allow Wayland compositors that support EGLDevice, EGLOutput, and EGLstreams to share EGL buffers with Wayland applications.
- Fixed a bug that could cause incorrect frame rate reporting on Quadro Sync configurations with multiple GPUs.
- Added support for the Vulkan API version 1.0.
- Improved X colormap precision from 8 significant bits to 11 on GeForce GPUs.Quadro GPUs already used 11 bits of precision.
- Added a new RandR property, CscMatrix, which specifies a 3x4 color-space conversion matrix.The matrix is applied after the X colormap and before the gamma ramp.This property is available on GF119 and newer GPUs.
- Improved handling of the X gamma ramp on GF119 and newer GPUs.On these GPUs, the RandR gamma ramp is always 1024 entries and now applies to the cursor and VDPAU or workstation overlays in addition to the X root window.
- Reworked how the NVIDIA driver registers with the Linux kernel's DRM subsystem for PRIME support.As a result, PRIME support requires Linux kernel version 3.13 or newer (previously, PRIME support required Linux kernel version 3.10 or newer).
- Improved the interactivity of applications that use a hardware cursor while G-SYNC is active.