- Added support for the following GPUs:
GeForce GTX 1080
GeForce GTX 1070
- Added support for VDPAU Feature Set H to the NVIDIA VDPAU driver. GPUs with VDPAU Feature Set H are capable of hardware-accelerated decoding of 8192x8192 (8k) H.265/HEVC video streams.
- Fixed a bug that caused the X server to sometimes skip displaying Vulkan frames when the Composite extension is enabled.
- Fixed a bug that would cause OpenGL applications to crash when creating a context on one X display connection, then making it current with no associated drawable on another X display connection. This fixes a crash when starting some versions of Matlab.
- Fixed OpenGL presentation to SDI through the GLX_NV_video_out and GLX_NV_present_video extensions, which was broken by the introduction of the nvidia-modeset kernel module in 358.09.
- Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect offset to be applied when using the full composition pipeline on a display whose image has both a rotation and a ViewportOut offset applied.
- Fixed a bug that could cause nvidia-settings to crash on some systems when responding to events such as hotplugging DisplayPort devices.
- Fixed a bug that could cause crashes in OpenGL applications which use glTextureView() with a non-zero minlevel.
- Enhanced the Display Device information page in nvidia-settings with additional information for DisplayPort devices to reflect attributes which are specific to DisplayPort connections.
- Fixed a bug which could cause deleted application profiles to appear when editing rules in the nvidia-settings control panel.
- Fixed a bug that caused hangs when a G-SYNC monitor is unplugged and a non-G-SYNC monitor is connected while G-SYNC is active.
- Fixed a bug that caused "nvidia-modeset: ERROR: GPU:0: Activating G-SYNC failed" to be printed to the system log if a G-SYNC monitor is connected and stereo is enabled in xorg.conf on a configuration that doesn't support it.
- Added the NV_robustness_video_memory_purge OpenGL extension, which allows applications to know when a mode switching or power event purged the contents of FBOs and BOs residing in video memory.
- Fixed a bug that prevented HDMI 2.0 4K monitors from waking up from sleep or hot-replug.