- Added support for the following GPU(s):
- Fixed a regression that prevented the backlight on some notebook computer displays from turning back on after being shut off.
- Fixed a regression that prevented the console from being restored properly when using SLI.
- Fixed a regression that could cause the nvidia-settings control panel to crash on startup with certain GPU configurations.
- Fixed a regression that prevented the GLX_NV_swap_group extension from working when using SLI or Quadro Sync.
- Fixed a long-standing bug that caused the NVIDIA X driver to not correctly detect AC/battery hotplug events on notebooks.
- Fixed an interaction problem between the Linux kernel's CONFIG_HARDENED_USERCOPY feature (new in Linux kernel 4.8) and nvidia-drm.ko with modeset=1 enabled. This problem caused CONFIG_HARDENED_USERCOPY to erroneously halt the system, issuing reports of the form:
usercopy: kernel memory overwrite attempt detected to ffff8803e8ec7ce0 (<process stack>) (8 bytes)
- Fixed a bug that prevented nvidia-bug-report.sh from finding relevant messages in kernel log files.
- Added support for the screen_info.ext_lfb_base field, on kernels that have it, in order to properly handle UEFI framebuffer consoles with physical addresses above 4GB.