- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the "Reset Default Configuration" button in the nvidia-settings "ECC Settings" page from being available when the ECC configuration is set to a non-default state.
- Fixed a bug that caused nvidia-settings to enforce overly aggressive limits on display positions in the "X Server Display Configuration" page under some circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the "Enable Base Mosaic (Surround)" checkbox in nvidia-settings to disappear when an X screen, rather than a display, is selected in the "X Server Display Configuration" page.
- Fixed a race condition that could lead to crashes when OpenGL programs manipulated vertex buffer objects from multiple threads simultaneously.
- Fixed a bug that caused the nvidia-settings control panel to retain some settings that had been applied, but not confirmed. This resulted in unwanted settings being applied to subsequent settings changes.
- Improved performance of fullscreen Vulkan applications using X11 swapchains. This optimization will cause more events that trigger an out-of-date swapchain, such as when entering or leaving fullscreen mode. (This is commonly encountered when using the alt-tab key combination, for example.) Applications that do not properly respond to the VK_ERROR_OUT_OF_DATE_KHR return code may not function properly when these events occur. See section 30.8 of the Vulkan specification.
- Added support for YUV 4:2:0 compression for monitors connected via DisplayPort in configurations where either the display or GPU is incapable of driving the current mode in RGB 4:4:4. See the description in the "Programming Modes" appendix for details.
- Added framebuffer console hot plug handling to nvidia-modeset.
Note that hot plugging is only handled when nvidia-modeset is initialized; for example, when Xorg or nvidia-persistenced is running or when nvidia-drm is loaded with the "modeset=1" parameter.
- Added an "AllowGSYNC" MetaMode attribute that can be used to disable G-SYNC completely. This can be use to allow enabling features that are incompatible with G-SYNC, such as Ultra Low Motion Blur or Frame Lock.
- Fixed several problems that prevented the "cc_version_check" sanity test from running correctly when building the NVIDIA kernel modules. As these problems would have masked mismatches between the compiler versions used to build the kernel and the NVIDIA kernel modules for an extended period of time, nvidia-installer has been updated to ignore CC version mismatches by default when they are detected.
- Updated nvidia-installer to use the init_module syscall directly to test load kernel modules instead of libkmod/insmod. This removes libkmod as a build dependency of nvidia-installer, and insmod as a run-time dependency.
- Tiled monitors formerly resulted in a separate Xinerama screen being reported for each tile. They will now, by default, be combined into a single large Xinerama screen.
- The individual panels in a tiled monitor will now be arranged based on the layout information provided in the monitor's EDID. This can be overridden by either manually specifying offsets or using the "MetaModeOrientation" option.
- Disabled interlaced modes over DisplayPort by default due to incomplete support in the GPU. Added "AllowDpInterlaced" mode validation token to override this default behavior and allow interlaced modes over DisplayPort protocol anyway.
- Fixed a regression that caused some display connectors on some GPUs to not report a connected HDMI or DisplayPort audio device even if the connected monitor supports audio.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the NVIDIA kernel modules from building for non-SMP Linux kernels.
- Updated the output of `nvidia-smi nvlink --status` to include reporting NVLink speed.
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect PCI topology reporting in nvidia-smi on Intel Skylake systems.