- Added GLX protocol support (i.e., for GLX indirect rendering) for the following OpenGL extensions:
- Added unofficial GLX protocol support (i.e., for GLX indirect rendering) for the following OpenGL extensions:
GLX protocol for GL_EXT_vertex_array was also updated to incorporate rendering using GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object. Use of these extensions with GLX indirect rendering requires the AllowUnofficialGLXProtocol X configuration option and the __GL_ALLOW_UNOFFICIAL_PROTOCOL environment variable.
- Fixed a bug that caused glXGetVideoSyncSGI, glXWaitVideoSyncSGI, and glXGetRefreshRateSGI to operate on the wrong screen when there are multiple X screens.
- Fixed glXQueryVersion to report GLX version 1.4.NVIDIA''s GLX version has been 1.4 for several releases, and was already reported as 1.4 in the GLX client and GLX server version strings.
- Fixed a problem that caused window border corruption when the screen is rotated.
- Fixed a bug that causes corruption or GPU errors when an application paints a redirected window whose background is set to ParentRelative on X.Org servers older than 1.5. This was typically triggered by running Kopete while using Compiz or Beryl.
- Added support for configuring the GPU PowerMizer Mode on GeForce 8 or later GPUs with multiple performance levels via nvidia-settings and NV-CONTROL.
- Fixed a bug in VDPAU that could cause visible corruption when decoding H.264 clips with alternating frame/field coded reference pictures, and a video surface is concurrently removed from the DPB, and re-used as the decode target, in a single decode operation. This affected all GPUs supported by VDPAU.
- Fixed a bug in VDPAU that could cause visible corruption near the bottom edge of the picture when decoding VC-1 advanced profile clips whose heights are not exact multiples of 16 pixels, on G98 and MCP7x (IGP) GPUs.
- Enhanced VDPAU to better handle corrupt/invalid H.264 bitstreams on G84, G86, G92, G94, G96, or GT200 GPUs. This should prevent most cases of "display preemption" that are caused by bitstream errors.
- Fixed an X server crash when using the VDPAU overlay-based presentation queue and VT-switching away from the X server.
- Enhanced VDPAU''s detection of the GPU''s video decode capabilities.
- Fixed a bug in VDPAU that could cause ghosting/flashing issues when decoding H.264 clips, in certain full DPB scenarios, on G98 and MCP7x.
- Fixed VDPAU to detect an attempt to destroy the VdpDevice object when other device-owned objects still exist. VDPAU now triggers "display preemption", and returns an error, when this occurs.
- Enhanced VDPAU''s error handling and resource management in presentation queue creation and operation. This change correctly propagates all errors back to the client application, and avoids some resource leaks.