Release 440 is an 'Optimal Drivers for Enterprise' (ODE) branch release. ODE branches are designed and tested to provide long-term stability and availability, making drivers from these branches ideal for enterprise customers and other users requiring application and hardware certification.
Quadro ODE drivers are a superset of the NVIDIA Studio Drivers and provide all the benefits of the Studio Driver, in addition to Quadro-specific enhancements and testing.
Release 440 delivers performance enhancements over the previous ODE, Release 430, with performance gains up to 30% for popular applications such as Dassault Systemes SOLIDWORKS, PTC Creo, and Autodesk VRED, depending on application mode and optimization settings.What’s New in Version 440 U8
Added support for RTX-accelerated ray tracing and other features for the following RTX-powered creative applications:
Fixed Issues in Version 440 U8
- Unreal Engine 4.25
Includes production-ready support for RTX-accelerated real-time ray tracing. (Currently available as preview with final release in a few weeks.)
- OctaneRender 2020
Adds production-ready OptiX 7 support
- D5 Rende
D5 Render is a brand new visualization app using real-time ray tracing. (Currently available in a free public beta, with the official release expected at the end of May.)
- Adobe's suite of 3D material creation apps: Substance Designer and Substance Painter
In addition to Substance's existing support for RTX acceleration for baking, the Curvature baker in Designer and Painter is being upgraded to now use ray tracing.
- Keyshot 9.2 and Keyshot Viewer
Includes the OptiX 7 enabled renderer just released by Luxion.
Known Issues in Version 440 U8
- [RayTracing]: Performance drop occurs when using optixGetTriangleVertexData.
- [OptiX][Arnold] Buffer overrun occurs on decrypted PTX.
- [OptiX][Arnold] Fixes and improvements for Arnold 6.0.3 Sparse Texture build.
- [Optix][Arnold]: Artifacts appear in non-square, non-mipmapped textures.
- [OptiX][Arnold]: Improved OptiX demand load paging to maximize performance.
- [OptiX][Arnold SDK]: Application crashes (access violation) may occur.
- [OptiX]: OptiX generates invalid code for trap instructions.
- [Notebook]: External display audio does not work.
- [Alchemist]: The application crashes when either changing the display resolution or switching to another display with a different resolution.
To workaround, avoid changing the resolution, or disconnecting from or connecting to an external display with the application opened.
If you would like to be notified of upcoming drivers for Windows, please subscribe here