Driver Name Change
With the introduction of NVIDIA RTX products powering the next generation of professional visual, compute, and AI platform solutions for the enterprise, the Quadro driver will be transitioning to the NVIDIA RTX Enterprise brand to better align with new and future products. NVIDIA RTX Enterprise drivers will continue to provide users with the same level of enterprise-class quality, reliability, performance, and security as previous Quadro drivers. These new drivers will not only deliver the latest features and improvements for NVIDIA RTX GPUs, but also for current and previous generation Quadro GPUs.
The driver branch name will also transition from "Optimal Driver for Enterprise" to "Production Branch." All the same enterprise attributes of the driver branch will remain. The new branch name will now allow driver types to be consistently referenced across other enterprise GPU products as well, such as Data Center GPUs. NVIDIA RTX Production Branch Driver
Release 460 is a 'Production Branch’ (PB) release. PB drivers are designed and tested to provide long-term stability and availability, making these drivers ideal for enterprise customers and other users who require application and hardware certification from ISVs and OEMs respectively.
PB drivers are a superset of the NVIDIA Studio Drivers and provides all the benefits of the Studio Driver of the same version in addition to NVIDIA RTX-specific enhancements and testing.What’s New in Version 460 U1
Fixed Issues in Version 460 U1
- Added support for new NVIDIA RTX A6000 GPU
- New Advanced Display features:
- Dedicated Display(s) capability to support needs for full-screen displays, eliminating OS pop-up notifications, increased performance for large number of displays, and low-latency present to displays
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) support for tiled displays
- NVIDIA-SMI capability to modify GPU target temperature
- Studio Application Updates
- Support for Chaos Vantage, including live link to Autodesk 3ds Max to allow changes made in one application to be reflected in the other
- Enhanced OctaneRender 2020.2 ray tracing performance with faster deformation motion blur and motion blur on animated instances with NVIDIA RTX A6000 GPUs
- Support for V-Ray Benchmark to test how fast your hardware renders in V-Ray 5
- Support for new UltraGlow and UltraZap effects in Boris FX Sapphire
- Supports CUDA to 11.2
Open Issues in Version 460 U1
- [DaVinci Resolve]: “Media Offline” errors appear when seeking frames in an H.256 video.
- [Stellar][OptiX]: The application experiences rendering performance issues.
- [Solidworks 2020]: The application experiences poor drawing performance.
- [Alchemist]: The application crashes when either changing the display resolution or switching to another display with a different resolution.
To workaround, avoid changing the resolution, or disconnecting from or connecting to an external display with the application opened.
If you would like to be notified of upcoming drivers for Windows, please subscribe here