- Added support for the following GPUs:
- Updated the nvidia-settings control panel to be more consistent about displaying layout controls which are only applicable for some displays or GPUs connected to the system.
- Improved X11 DrawText() performance when rendering stippled text.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent some hardware configurations with large numbers of displays connected to the same GPU from working correctly.
- Fixed a bug that could cause multi-threaded GLX applications to hang while attempting to handle an XError.
- Fixed a potential crash in the Vulkan driver when clearing images with multiple layers.
- Fixed a bug with the host-visible device-local memory heap, where if an allocation failed due to space constraints, it could cause the application to crash on future Vulkan function calls.
- Fixed corruption in the Vulkan driver that sometimes occurred with shadow rendering with image arrays.
- Added support for the VK_KHR_synchronization2 extension.
- Added support for the VK_KHR_workgroup_memory_explicit_layout extension.
- Added support for the VK_KHR_zero_initialize_workgroup_memory extension.
- Added support for linear images for use with host-visible video memory in Vulkan.
- Fixed an issue with OpenGL where imported Vulkan buffers would fail with GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY when marked as resident.
- Fixed a bug that caused the NVIDIA driver to retain an incorrect memory mapping of the UEFI system console when booting with the kernel parameter pci=realloc. This could cause the console to corrupt memory in use by the NVIDIA driver, and vice versa.
- Runtime D3 Power Management is now enabled by default on supported notebook systems with Ampere or newer GPUs. See the chapter titled "PCI-Express Runtime D3 (RTD3) Power Management" in the README for further details.
- Updated the .run package installer to install and enable the nvidia-suspend.service, nvidia-hibernate.service, and nvidia-resume.service systemd units. These units are used when the NVreg_PreserveVideoMemoryAllocations=1 nvidia module parameter is specified to provide advanced suspend, hibernate, and resume functionality.
See the chapter titled "Configuring Power Management Support" in the README for more information.
This functionality can be disabled by passing the --no-systemd parameter to the installer.
- Updated the NVIDIA X driver to allow OpenGL applications running on an X server that has left the active virtual terminal (VT) to continue running on the GPU, but with a limited frame rate.
This functionality is only enabled when the NVreg_PreserveVideoMemoryAllocations=1 nvidia module parameter is enabled.
- Fix a Vulkan clamping bug where fragment depth values would not be clamped to the range [0,1] if VK_EXT_depth_range_unrestricted was not enabled.
- Fix a bug related to SPIR-V 1.4 non-Input/Output entry point variables.
- Fixed a bug in compilation of SPIR-V intersection shaders when modules with multiple entry points are used.