- Added an application profile to avoid performance problems in Xfce 4
when the OpenGL compositor backend is enabled along with G-SYNC.
- Added support for suspend and resume when using GSP firmware.
- Moved the nvidia-settings application icon into the 'hicolor' icon theme,
which allows it to be customized by other icon themes selected in the
- Fixed a bug that prevented PRIME render offload from working for
Wayland applications when running on a system with an AMD iGPU.
- Fixed a bug that prevented nvidia-installer from recording kernel log
output to the installer log in some module loading failure paths.
- Changed nvidia-installer to no longer use the $XDG_DATA_DIRS environment
variable. XDG data files are now installed to a path specified by the
--xdg-data-dir option, or /usr/share if not specified.
This fixes a problem when Flatpak is installed that caused the installer
to place the nvidia-settings.desktop file in
- Changed the behavior of glXGetRefreshRateSGI() for non-integer
refresh rates to round to the nearest whole number rather than
- Changed the compression format of the .run installer package from xz
to zstd. This results in a smaller compressed package, and faster
decompression performance. A fallback zstd decompressor is embedded
into the installer package for systems which do not already have a
zstd decompression program installed.
- Fixed a bug that caused nvidia-installer to mistakenly unload some
already loaded non-NVIDIA kernel modules.
- Added compatibility for Linux kernels with Indirect Branch Tracking