- Fixed a bug that caused some GPUs to stop responding when the X Server was started. All GPUs are susceptible, but the failure was primarily
seen on GF104 and GF106 boards.
- Fixed a bug causing the X server to hang every 49.7 days on 32-bit platforms.
- Added support for the following GPUs:
GeForce GT 520
GeForce GT 525M
GeForce GT 520M
GeForce GT 445M
GeForce GT 530
GeForce GTX 590
GeForce GTX 550 Ti
GeForce GTX 560 Ti
GeForce GT 420
GeForce GT 440
GeForce GTX 470M
GeForce GTX 485M
GeForce GT 550M
GeForce GT 555M
Quadro 2000 D
- Added support for xserver ABI 10 (xorg-server 1.10).
- Added NV-CONTROL event notification for NV_CTRL_FRAMELOCK_SYNC_READY status changes.
- Added a new X configuration option "Interactive", which defaults to enabled, but can be disabled to allow long-running GPU compute programs to run concurrently with X.
- Fixed a bug in the VDPAU presentation queue that could cause VDPAU "display preemption" when rendering to tiny or zero-sized windows or pixmaps.
- Fixed a bug in VDPAU which prevented use of the overlay presentation
- Fixed a bug in VDPAU that prevented the overlay from ever being used if a presentation queue was created while the target window was redirected using the Composite extension when the presentation queue was created.
- Reorganized the NVIDIA driver's /proc file system layout to better reflect current needs: /proc/driver/nvidia/cards/0..N has been moved to /proc/driver/nvidia/gpus/0..N/information
- Added new shared library: libnvidia-ml.so.
NVML provides programmatic access to static information and monitoring
data for NVIDIA GPUs, as well as limited managment capabilities. It is
intended for use with Tesla compute products.
See web-based documentation and associated nvml.h header for more info.
- Added a new X configuration option "3DVisionDisplayType" to specify the display type when NVIDIA 3D Vision is enabled with a non 3D Vision ready display.
- Fixed several bugs relating to hardware-accelerated gradients, which were causing visual corruption in some of the default Ubuntu GNOME themes.
- Added unofficial GLX protocol support (i.e., for GLX indirect rendering) for the following OpenGL extensions:
- Added GLX protocol support (i.e., for GLX indirect rendering)for the following OpenGL extensions:
- Modified colormap updates to no longer be synchronized to vblank. This allows applications to send XStoreColor and XStoreColors requests faster than the screen's refresh rate.
This behavior can be controlled by a new NV-CONTROL attribute, NV_CONTROL_SYNC_LUT_UPDATES. By default, LUT updates are not synchronized. This may cause flickering in some applications that use the colormap to perform animation, such as xpilot running on a depth 8 X screen. If you experience flickering, try running nvidia-settings -a [gpu:0]/SynchronousPaletteUpdates=1