- Added support for the following GPUs:
GeForce GTX 680M
- Enhanced the functionality of the IncludeImplicitMetaModes Xconfiguration option:
- Implicit MetaModes will be added for the primary display device,even if multiple display devices are in use when X is initialized.
- Implicit MetaModes will be added for common resolutions, even if there isn't a mode with that resolution in the mode pool of the display device.
- Extended the syntax of the IncludeImplicitMetaModes configuration option, e.g., to control which display device is
used for creation of implicit MetaModes.
See the description of the IncludeImplicitMetaModes X configuration
option in the README for details.
- Modified the handling of the RandR 1.0/1.1 requests RRGetScreenInfo and RRSetScreenConfig (e.g., `xrandr -q --q1` and `xrandr --size ...` and `xrandr --orientation ...`) such that they operate on MetaModes. This was the behavior in NVIDIA X driver versions 295.xx and earlier, but 302.xx releases altered the handling of these RandR 1.0/1.1 requests to operate on a single RandR output's modes.
- With the above changes to IncludeImplicitMetaModes and RandR 1.0/1.1 handling, fullscreen applications (e.g., SDL-based applications, Wine), should have more resolutions available to them, and should interact better with multiple monitor configurations.
- Fixed a bug that could cause G8x, G9x, and GT2xx GPUs to display a black screen or corruption after waking up from suspend.
- Fixed several bugs that could cause some OpenGL programs to hang when calling fork(3).
- Fixed an nvidia-settings bug that caused the results of ProbeDisplays queries made with the --display-device-string option to be formatted incorrectly.
- Improved the responsiveness of updates to the nvidia-settings control panel when displays are hotplugged.
- Fixed a bug that caused display corruption when setting some transforms, especially when panning a transformed display.
- Fixed a bug that caused extra RandR events to be generated the first time a display is hotplugged.
- Fixed a bug that caused X11 modelines with '@' in their names to be rejected.
- Added support for DisplayPort 1.2 branch devices, which allow multiple displays to be connected to a single DisplayPort connector on a graphics board.
- Fixed a bug that caused most OpenGL texture uploads to be slow when the context was bound rendering to an RGB overlay drawable.
- Fixed a bug that caused audio over HDMI to not work after restarting the X server on some MCP7x (IGP) GPUs.
- Updated the X configuration option "UseDisplayDevice" to honor the value "none" on any GPU.
- Added RandR output properties _ConnectorLocation, ConnectorNumber,ConnectorType, EDID, _GUID, and SignalFormat. See the README for details on these properties.
- Extended support for Base Mosaic to all G80+ SLI configurations with up to three displays.
- Fixed a bug that caused some monitors to fail to wake from DPMS suspend mode when multiple DisplayPort monitors were attached to one GPU.
- Removed controls for XVideo attributes from the "X Server XVideo Settings" page of the nvidia-settings control panel. XVideo attributes can be configured in XVideo player applications, or through utilities such as xvattr.
- Fixed a bug that caused all ports on an XVideo adaptor to share color correction settings.
- Removed support for the following X configuration options:
SecondMonitorHorizSyncSimilar control is available through the NVIDIA HorizSync and VertRefresh X configuration options. Please see the NVIDIA driver README for details.
- Added support for desktop panning when rotation, reflection, or transformation is applied to a display device (either through RandR or through the MetaMode syntax); panning would previously be ignored in that case.