- Added support for the following GPUs:
GeForce GTX TITAN Z
GeForce GT 740
GeForce GTX 850M
- Fixed a bug that caused X to crash when querying clock offsets for non-existent performance levels.
- Fixed a performance regression when running KDE with desktop effects using the OpenGL compositing backend.
- Fixed a bug that caused duplicate entries to appear in some dropdown menus in the "Application Profiles" page of nvidia-settings.
- Fixed a regression that could cause OpenGL rendering corruption on X screens with 30 bit per pixel color.
- Fixed a bug causing mode validation to fail for 4K resolutions over HDMI in certain situations.
- Added nvidia-settings command line controls for over- and under-clocking attributes. Please see the nvidia-settings(1) manual page for more details.
- Fixed several cosmetic issues in the clock control user interface of nvidia-settings.
- Added support for the GLX_EXT_stereo_tree extension. For more details, see the extension specification:
- Enabled support for using Unified Back Buffer (UBB) and 3D Stereo with the composite extension on Quadro cards. Using stereo with a composite manager requires a stereo-aware composite manager. Otherwise, only the left eye of stereo applications will be displayed. See the GLX_EXT_stereo_tree extension specification for more details.
- Updated the display configuration page in nvidia-settings to uniquely identify DisplayPort 1.2 monitors by displaying the monitor GUIDs.
- Fixed a bug that could cause ECC settings to be displayed incorrectly in nvidia-settings when changing ECC settings on a multi-GPU system.
- Removed the "OnDemandVBlankInterrupts" X configuration option: this option has been enabled by default since version 177.68 of the NVIDIA Unix driver, and the documentation had not been updated to
reflect the new default value.
- Fixed a bug that caused GPU errors when hotplugging daisy-chained DisplayPort 1.2 displays.
- Updated the color correction settings page in the nvidia-settings control panel to reflect gamma changes made by other RandR clients while the control panel was already running.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the use of multiple simultaneous X servers on UEFI systems.
- Updated the nvidia-settings source package to build libXNVCtrl when building nvidia-settings, instead of relying on a pre-built library.
- Added the ability to over- and under-clock certain GeForce GPUs in the GeForce GTX 400 series and later. For GPUs that allow it, an offset can be applied to clock values in some clock domains of some performance levels. This clock manipulation is done at the user's own risk. See the README documentation of the "CoolBits" X configuration option for more details.
- Updated the minimum required version of GTK+ from 2.2 to 2.4 for nvidia-settings.
- Renamed the RandR output property _GUID to GUID now that it is an official property documented in randrproto.txt:
- Reduced CPU utilization and GPU memory utilization of the NVIDIA EGL driver.
- Added support for the following EGL extensions:
- Renamed the "Clone" setting of the "MetaModeOrientation" X configuration option to "SamePositionAs", to make clear that this setting applies to
the position only, and not to the resolution of modes in the MetaMode.
- Added NV-CONTROL attribute NV_CTRL_VIDEO_ENCODER_UTILIZATION to query utilization percentage of the video encoder engine.
- Added support for the GLX_NV_delay_before_swap extension. For more details, see the extension specification:
- Report correct buffer sizes for RGB GLX visuals, GLXFBConfigs, and EGLConfigs. Previously, RGB10 and RGB8 formats were reported as having 32 bits, and RGB5 formats were reported as having 16 bits. Now they are correctly reported as 30, 24, and 15 bit formats respectively as required by the GLX and EGL specifications.