- Added support for the following GPUs:
GeForce GTX 970
GeForce GTX 980
- Fixed a bug that prevented the "sync to vblank" setting from being honored for EGL applications.
- Fixed a bug that could cause some OpenGL programs to encounter out of memory during a mode switch.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the NVIDIA OpenGL driver from honoring the __GL_SHADER_DISK_CACHE_PATH environment variable.
- Fixed a bug that caused disabled displays to be implicitly included in the target selection for some queries and assignments on the nvidia-settings command line interface, in the absence of any explicit target selection.
- Added a new attribute to the NV-CONTROL API to query the current utilization of the video decode engine.
- Fixed a bug where the Exchange Stereo Eyes setting in nvidia-settings didn't work in certain stereo configurations.
- Worked around a Unigine Heaven 3.0 shader bug which could cause corruption when tessellation is enabled by implementing an application profile that uses the "GLIgnoreGLSLExtReqs" setting. See the documentation for the __GL_IGNORE_GLSL_EXT_REQS environment variable for more details.
- Fixed a memory leak when destroying EGL surfaces.
- Added support for multiple simultaneous EGL displays.
- Removed support for G8x, G9x, and GT2xx GPUs, and motherboard chipsets based on them. Ongoing support for new Linux kernels and X servers, as well as fixes for critical bugs, will be included in 340.* legacy releases through the end of 2019.
- Fixed a bug that could cause nvidia-installer to unsuccessfully attempt to delete the directory containing precompiled kernel module interfaces, on packages prepared with --add-this-kernel.
- Updated nvidia-installer to log uninstallation to a separate file from the installation log, and to attempt uninstalling previous driver installations using the installer program from the previous installation, when available.