- Added support for X.Org xserver ABI 19 (xorg-server 1.17).
- Fixed a bug that prevented internal 4K panels on some laptops from being driven at a sufficient bandwidth to support their native resolutions.
- Fixed a regression that caused displays to be detected incorrectly on some notebook systems.
- Fixed a bug that could cause X to freeze when using Base Mosaic.
- Fixed a regression that prevented the NVIDIA X driver from recognizing Base Mosaic layouts generated by the nvidia-settings control panel.
- Updated the NVIDIA X driver to reject frame packed interlaced HDMI 3D modes during mode validation. These modes were being validated by the driver, despite never having been supported.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the console from being restored after forcefully terminating X, on some GPUs with multiple DisplayPort monitors attached. This bug also subsequently prevented X from being started following the failed console restoration.
- Updated the version of libvdpau shipped with the driver to 0.9. This version honors the VDPAU_DRIVER_PATH environment variable and fixes a race condition if multiple threads call VdpDeviceCreateX11 simultaneously. See
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/vdpau/2014-December/000274.html for more information.
Please note that users are encouraged to use their distribution's libvdpau packages rather than relying on the one shipped with the NVIDIA graphics driver.
- Fixed a bug that caused the screen image to be shifted when screen transformations (such as rotations or reflections) were enabled on a G-SYNC display attached to a Kepler-based GPU.
- Fixed a bug that caused a blank screen when setting a mode requiring YUV 4:2:0 compression. These modes are not currently supported.
- Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect DisplayPort link configuration to be displayed after a hotplug or unplug.
- Added support for the following EGL extensions:
- Added the ability to increase the operating voltage on certain GeForce GPUs in the GeForce GTX 400 series and later. Voltage adjustments are done at the user's own risk. See the documentation on the "CoolBits" X configuration option in the README for details.
- Added accelerated support for r8g8b8a8, r8g8b8x8, b8g8r8a8 and b8g8r8x8 RENDER formats.
- Updated nvidia-settings to take advantage of GTK+ 3, when available. This is implemented by building the nvidia-settings user interface into separate shared libraries (libnvidia-gtk2.so, libnvidia-gtk3.so), and loading the correct one at run-time.
- Added the nvidia-settings option --gtk-library to allow specifying the path of the directory containing the user interface library or the path and filename of the specific library to use.
- Fixed a GLSL compiler bug that would produce corruption when running games such as Far Cry 3 in Wine.
- Fixed the EGL_KHR_stream_cross_process_fd extension.
- Fixed rendering corruption that sometimes happened when calling DrawElementsInstancedBaseVertexBaseInstance(), DrawElementsInstancedBaseInstance(), or DrawArraysInstancedBaseInstance().
- Dramatically improved OpenGL Framebuffer Object creation performance.
- Removed the limit on the maximum number of OpenGL Framebuffer Objects.
- Updated the NVIDIA OpenGL driver to prefer $XDG_CACHE_HOME over $HOME as the default location for storing the GL shader disk cache.