Release 384 is an ‘Optimal Drivers for Enterprise’ (ODE) branch release. ODE branches generally do not introduce new features after the branch introduction and are dedicated to long term stability for ISV certification, OEMs, and Enterprise customers.What’s New in Version R384 U4
Supported Features in Release 384
- This driver adds security updates for driver components.
Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 384 U4
- External Graphics
- This driver adds external GPU (eGPU) support for the following products:
- Quadro GP100
- Quadro P6000
- Quadro P5000
- Quadro P4000
- Note: Mixed GeForce/Quadro products are supported (Geforce GPU + Quadro eGPU, or Quadro GPU + Geforce eGPU), but requires installation of the GeForce driver package. The Quadro package does not install GeForce drivers.
- Not all applications have been designed to address surprise removal of the eGPU; disconnection of the eGPU while applications are running is not advised.
- Display Adapter
- This driver improves HDCP 2.2 error handling for recommended active DisplayPort-to-HDMI2.0 adapters.
- Support added for the following embedded GPUs:
- Quadro P5000
- Quadro P3000
- GPU Direct for Video availability expanded to include Quadro P4000 and higher notebook GPUs.
- Video SDK 8.0:
- High-bit-depth (10/12-bit) decoding (VP9/HEVC)
- OpenGL input surface support for encoder
- Weighted Prediction
- H.264 ME-only mode enhancements
- NvWMI Version 2.30
- Quadro Sync support for DirectX 12
- Added ability to use the NVIDIA Control Panel using Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
Windows 10 Open Issues in Version R384 U4:
- [Quadro P6000/P4000][Quadro Sync II]: With four or more displays connected, framelock gets disabled.
- [Notebook][eGPU][Sony Catalyst 2017]: The application viewport is blank after selecting the eGPU as the video processing device.
- [Multi-GPU Mosaic]: Displays go blank upon disabling the Mosaic topology, then the primary GPU is disabled upon restarting the system.
- [Quadro M6000][Quadro Sync]: Unexpected flashing may appear on the display connected to the second GPU.
Please consult your NVIDIA support team for details on resolving this behavior.
- [Multi-GPU Mosaic][Quadro Sync]: Application corruption and possible blue-screen crash occurs when enabling WARP while Mosaic and Quadro Sync are enabled.
If you would like to be notified of upcoming drivers for Windows, please subscribe here
.For Quadro Notebook:
This is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.Before downloading this driver:
Please check to make sure that your notebook has a supported GPU (refer to the Products Supported tab below).