Release 418 is an ‘Optimal Drivers for Enterprise’ (ODE) branch release. ODE branches are dedicated to long term stability, ideal for use by Independent Software Vendor (ISV) certifications, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), and Enterprise environments.What’s New in Version 418 U2
Windows 7 Open Issues in Version R418 U2
- This driver adds security updates for driver components.
See the NVIDIA Security Bulletin 4772 for details.
See also the section “Driver Security” for actions to take to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- NVIDIA Control Panel
Updated to version 8.1.950. Added new Developer->Manage GPU Performance Counters controls.
- Video Codec SDK 9.0
- Supports NVENC/NVDEC on NVIDIA Turing GPUs
- NVENC API adds the capability to output encoded bitstream and motion vectors from Motion-Estimation-only mode to video memory
- NVENC API now accepts CU Array as an input buffer
- Added H.265 B-frame support for NVIDIA Turing GPUs
- Added H.265 444 Decode support for NVIDIA Turing GPUs
- Optical Flow SDK 1.0 (Released February 11, 2019)
This is a new API for Optical Flow and stereo disparity hardware engine, available on Turing GPUs.
- [Quadro Sync]: Frame overruns occur on low resolution channels when using QuadroSync swap synchronization.
If you would like to be notified of upcoming drivers for Windows, please subscribe here