- Added support for X.org xserver ABI 15 (xorg-server 1.15).
- Fixed a bug that caused the X server to crash if video memory is exhausted and the GPU does not support rendering to system memory.
- Updated nvidia-installer to make the --multiple-kernel-modules option imply the --no-unified-memory option: Unified memory is incompatible with multiple kernel modules.
- Updated the behavior of the nvidia-settings PowerMizer Preferred Mode drop-down menu, to make the setting apply consistently across all GPUs in an SLI group.
- Improved the robustness of the NVIDIA X driver in scenarios where GPU-accessible memory for allocating pixmaps was exhausted.
- Added NV-CONTROL attributes to control the brightness of the illuminated logos on certain graphics boards.For example, to turn off the illumination of the "GEFORCE GTX" lettering on the GeForce GTX 780, use
nvidia-settings --assign GPULogoBrightness=0
- Fixed a bug that prevented screen transformations from being applied properly when starting X.
- GLX protocol for the following OpenGL extensions from OpenGL 2.1 and OpenGL 3.0 have been promoted from unofficial to ARB approved official status:
GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object was the last piece of protocol needed to have official support for indirect rendering with all OpenGL 2.1 commands.
- GLX Protocol for the miscellaneous OpenGL 3.0 commands not associated with specific extensions has also been promoted from unofficial to ARB approved status.
- Deprecated display mask related configuration of display devices via NV-CONTROL and nvidia-settings.Display target specifications should be used instead - A display target is one of the display's valid names, with an optional GPU or X screen qualifier.
- Deprecated the following NV-CONTROL attributes:
Also, although NV_CTRL_PROBE_DISPLAYS is still operational, the return value has been deprecated and should not be used.
- Added deprecation warning messages in nvidia-settings when deprecated attributes are used.This also includes display mask usage.