The Latest Maximus
The latest NVIDIA® Maximus™ configuration is based on NVIDIA Kepler—the world's fastest and most efficient visual-computing architecture. This advanced technology takes simultaneous 3D design, simulation, and visualization to unprecedented levels of performance and efficiency. The latest NVIDIA Maximus technology combines the interactive design and visualization capability of the NVIDIA Quadro® K-Series GPUs and the high-performance computing power of one or more NVIDIA Tesla® K20 GPUs in a single workstation.
This NVIDIA Maximus configuration is designed to maximize computational performance with a variety of new innovations such as SMX, Dynamic Parallelism, and Hyper‐Q. Together, they make hybrid computing dramatically faster, easier to program, and applicable to a broader set of professional applications across industries such as manufacturing, media and entertainment and oil and gas.
Second Generation Maximus breakthrough features include:
Delivers more processing performance and efficiency through an innovative new streaming multiprocessor design that allows a greater percentage of space to be applied to processing cores versus control logic.
Slashes CPU idle time by allowing multiple CPU cores to simultaneously utilize a single Kepler GPU, dramatically advancing programmability and efficiency.
Dramatically increases the number of unique textures available to shaders at run-time, enabling more materials to be loaded and used faster resulting in richer texture detail in scenes.
FXAA and TXAA
Reduces visible aliasing and delivers higher image quality without the performance hit. This is accomplished by harnessing the power of the GPU's CUDA cores and new film-style antialiasing techniques.
Simplifies GPU programming by allowing programmers to easily accelerate all parallel nested loops. This results in a GPU dynamically spawning new threads on its own without going back to the CPU.
- Design without limits on size of assemblies, number of components, image quality, and resolution.
- Use real-world physics, lighting, and materials during interactive design and visualize with photorealistic image quality.
- Integrate simulation during design with finer time-steps, more DOF, larger assemblies, and more detail in components.
Media and Entertainment >
- Editors can work in real-time on their most complex projects with even more layers and effects.
- Animators can create complex simulations and interactive visual effects unlike anything possible before.
- 3D texture painting artists can enjoy creative flexibility in their workflow without being constrained by a maximum number of textures.
- Geophysicists can interactively perform complex calculations without having to re-run a complete processing job with new parameters.
- From seismic attributes to geobodies and faults extractions, the interpreter can do it all directly from his desk without interrupting the workflow.
- Auto-discovery using sophisticated software can reveal features that the naked eye cannot see, while processing vast amounts of data much faster than any human being can.