NVIDIA® Unified Architecture
NVIDIA Lumenex™ Engine
- Unified shader architecture
- GigaThread™ technology
- Full support for Microsoft® DirectX® 10
- Geometry shaders
- Geometry instancing
- Streamed output
- Shader Model 4.0
- Full 128-bit floating point precision through the entire rendering pipeline
NVIDIA Quantum Effects™ Technology
- 16x full screen anti-aliasing
- Transparent multisampling and transparent supersampling
- 16x angle independent anisotropic filtering
- 128-bit floating point high dynamic-range (HDR) lighting with anti-aliasing
- 32-bit per component floating point texture filtering and blending
- Advanced lossless compression algorithms for color, texture, and z-data
- Support for normal map compression
NVIDIA® TurboCache™ Technology
- Advanced shader processors architected for physics computation
- Simulate and render physics effects on the graphics processor
NVIDIA SLI™ Technology1
- Combines the capacity and bandwidth of dedicated video memory with dynamically allocated system memory to dramatically turbocharge performance.
NVIDIA PureVideo™ HD Technology2
- Patented hardware and software technology allows two GeForce-based graphics cards to run in parallel to scale performance and enhance image quality on today's top titles.
Advanced Display Functionality
- Dedicated on-chip video processor
- High-definition H.264, VC-1, MPEG2 and WMV9 decode acceleration
- Advanced spatial-temporal de-interlacing
- HDCP capable3
- Spatial-Temporal De-Interlacing
- Noise Reduction
- Edge Enhancement
- Bad Edit Correction
- Inverse telecine (2:2 and 3:2 pull-down correction)
- High-quality scaling
- Video color correction
- Microsoft® Video Mixing Renderer (VMR) support
Built for Microsoft® Windows Vista™
- Two dual-link DVI outputs for digital flat panel display resolutions up to 2560x16004
- One dual-link DVI outputs for digital flat panel display resolutions up to 2560x16005
- One single-link DVI outputs for digital flat panel display resolutions up to 1920x120066
- Dual integrated 400MHz RAMDACs for analog display resolutions up to and including 2048x1536 at 85Hz
- Integrated HDTV encoder provides analog TV-output (Component/Composite/S-Video) up to 1080i resolution
- NVIDIA nView® multi-display technology capability
- 10-bit display processing
High Speed Interfaces
- Full DirectX 10 support
- Dedicated graphics processor powers the new Windows Vista Aero 3D user interface
- VMR-based video architecture
- Designed for PCI Express® x16
- Designed for high-speed GDDR3 and DDR2 memory
- Built for Microsoft Windows Vista
- Windows XP/Windows XP 64
- Complete DirectX support, including Microsoft DirectX 10 Shader Model 4.0
- Full OpenGL® support, including OpenGL 2.0
1 NVIDIA SLI Technology is not available on GeForce 8400 GPUs.
2 Feature requires supported video software. Features may vary by product.
3 Requires other compatible components that are also HDCP capable.
4 Feature available on GeForce 8600 GPUs only.
5 Feature available on GeForce 8500 GPUs only.
6 Feature available on GeForce 8400 GPUs only.