Linux x64 (AMD64/EM64T) Display Driver
Operating System: Linux x64 (AMD64/EM64T)
Release Date: June 8, 2007
- Adds support for new GPUs:
- GeForce 8600 GTS
- GeForce 8600 GT
- GeForce 8600M GT
- GeForce 8600M GS
- GeForce 8500 GT
- GeForce 8400 GS
- GeForce 8400M GT
- GeForce 8400M GS
- GeForce 8400M G
- GeForce 8300 GS
- Quadro FX 1600M
- Quadro FX 570M
- Quadro FX 360M
- Quadro NVS 320M
- Quadro NVS 140M
- Quadro NVS 135M
- Quadro NVS 130M
- Adds support for Quadro FX 4600 G-Sync and Quadro FX 5600 G-Sync boards.
- Improved notebook GPU support.
- Improved RenderAccel support for subpixel antialiased fonts.
- Added XV brightness and contrast controls for GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Improved interaction with newer Linux kernels.
- Fixed a locale-interaction issue in the nvidia-settings configuration file parser.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Download the Driver File
Download - NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-100.14.09-pkg2.run
SuSE users: please read the SuSE NVIDIA Installer HOWTO before downloading the driver.
STEP 3: Install
Type "sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-100.14.09-pkg2.run" to install the driver. NVIDIA now provides a utility to assist you with configuration of your X config file. Please see Chapter 3 of the README or run 'man nvidia-xconfig' for details on usage. Instructions for those wishing to edit their X config file by hand can also be found in the README.
If you have any questions or problems, please check the linux discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email (in English) to email@example.com.
When emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, please attach an nvidia-bug-report.log, which is generated by running "nvidia-bug-report.sh".