Linux Display Driver - IA32
Operating System: Linux IA32
Release Date: November 5, 2004
- Added support for GeForce 6600 and GeForce 6600 GT.
- Added support for Quadro FX 4000 SDI
- Added support for 512 MB framebuffers.
- Improved support for GLSL (OpenGL Shading Language).
- Improved performance for VBO (OpenGL Vertex Buffer Objects).
- Improved support for Linux 2.6 kernels.
- Improved support for PCI Express.
- Reduced virtual address space consumption in OpenGL applications.
- Updated documentation. Please see the text README file.
The Known Issues section contains new information for EM64T and for multithreaded application stability. There are also new appendices:
(app-s) APPENDIX S: POWER MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
(app-t) APPENDIX T: DISPLAY DEVICE NAMES
(app-u) APPENDIX U: THE COMPOSITE X EXTENSION
- Improved support for EM64T Linux/x86-64 systems
- Improved support for RenderAccel
- Improved performance for Java2D.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Download the Driver File
Download - NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1.run
SuSE users: please read the SuSE NVIDIA Installer HOWTO before downloading the driver.
STEP 3: Install
Type "sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1.run" to install the driver, then edit your X config file as appropriate. See the text README for more detailed instructions.
If you have any questions or problems, please check the linux discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org. When emailing email@example.com, please attach an nvidia-bug-report.log, which is generated by running "nvidia-bug-report.sh".