On December 15, 500 members of the NVIDIA community provided much needed updates to the East Palo Alto Charter School. Community partner Rebuilding Together Peninsula organized the volunteers (which included parents and teachers at the school), and together the team made an incredible impact, including:
- Outside of the school completely repainted (225 gallons of paint used)
- Seventy five dull Plexiglas windows replaced
- Four beautiful and educational murals painted throughout school grounds
- Crafted an outdoor classroom and garden in which students will learn about how to grow and prepare nutritious meals
- A new volleyball court
- Brand new books for each child and school supplies for each classroom
Rebuilding Together estimates over 3,000 hours were volunteered in one day, and that the school would have spent $600,000 on contract labor if it had to pay for it.