The NVIDIA Foundation seeks to catalyze positive change in the communities where our employees reside. Its programs are created and driven by employee groups.
Our commitment to building programs that transform local communities is an outgrowth of NVIDIA’s core value of making a contribution. We empower employees to use their time and talent to identify and execute innovative, effective community-based programs. We work to amplify their impact by collaborating with customers, partners and suppliers.
In response to employee feedback to surveys that are sent globally, the Foundation’s programs focus on three causes:
In 2010, we launched Compute the Cure
, which funds researchers using computing-intensive genomics to fight cancer. We have also launched initiatives to improve employee awareness and cancer-prevention efforts.
The goal of the Foundation’s education programs is to improve K-12 math and science education, and to inspire kids to enter occupations requiring science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) skills. We are particularly interested in providing opportunities to underserved and underrepresented youth. Employees are given opportunities to use their skills to help students through mentoring and tutoring programs.
To improve the quality of life of for individuals and our communities, we support a variety of programs and partnerships that meet basic and critical needs. Activities include sorting food at local food banks and building homes for families in need.
Board of Directors
Comprising 11 non-executive employees, the NVIDIA Foundation board meets twice a month to guide global programs. Board members, who are nominated by other employees and serve two-year terms, are responsible for:
- Analyzing employee feedback and program metrics to make decisions for global programs
- Reviewing programs to determine areas for improvement
- Working on Foundation subcommittees to build programs
The operations team is responsible for the overall success of the Foundation’s programs. Guided by input from various employee committees, the team:
- Develops, refines and executes programs that support key strategies and focus areas
- Manages the worldwide Foundation budget
- Tracks and reports on key objectives and metrics
- Supports charitable programs in each field office
Local Giving Committees
Employee-led committees in offices outside Santa Clara support the Foundation’s work in their own locations. These committees:
- Plan and execute local giving and volunteer programs
- Recruit employee participation in their local events
- Report goals, budgets and results to the Foundation’s operations team
Global Employee Population
NVIDIA employees around the world are regularly given the opportunity to provide feedback on issues they believe the Foundation should address. This feedback guides the overall direction for the Foundation’s programs. Employee views are gathered through:
- Annual employee survey
- Post-event surveys
- Comments and suggestions posted on our corporate intrane