For further information, contact:
NVIDIA Gives PC Gamers More Processing Power with the GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
|Just in time for the holidays, the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB delivers an awesome gaming experience at a hot price.
|Hot holiday titles such as Unreal Tournament 3 will look fantastic if you upgrade your PC with a GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB GPU.
|Hellgate: London has special effects that require a DirectX 10 capable graphics card like the GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB from NVIDIA.
SANTA CLARA, CA—DECEMBER 11, 2007
- NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GTS 512 MB graphics cards are available today, just in time for the holiday-buying frenzy.
- Coming on the heels of the introduction of the critically acclaimed GeForce 8800 GT, the GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB graphics card delivers impressive new levels of performance in the $299–$349 price range.
- GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB graphics cards offer an intense gaming experience with stunning special effects and high-definition visuals for the hottest holiday PC games, such as: Crysis, Hellgate: London, Gears of War, Unreal Tournament 3, and Call of Duty 4, along with full support for current DirectX 9 games.
- NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB offers 25% more graphics processing power than NVIDIA products previously offered at the same price point1.
- The GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB also offers new features such as support for PCI Express 2.0, dual-link HDCP, and the second-generation PureVideo® HD engine from NVIDIA.
- The NVIDIA PureVideo HD engine delivers astounding Blu-ray and HD DVD movie picture quality on a PC with 100% offload of H.264 video decoding, freeing the CPU to perform other tasks and significantly reducing power consumption, heat, and noise.
- All GeForce 8800 GPUs support NVIDIA SLI® technology which allows you to use two graphics processors in unison, sharing the graphics workload.
- GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB graphics cards are available now from leading add-in card manufacturers, retailers, and system builders. For information on where to buy GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB products, please visit http://www.nvidia.com/wheretobuy.
1 GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB has 96 stream processors and was introduced at $499, compared to 128 stream processors for the GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB.
"If you want the best experience on the PC games coming out right now, then buying a new GPU should be top on your list of upgrades. GeForce 8800 GTS 512 is a fantastic option that we are providing gamers in time for the holiday season."
"With games such as Crysis and Hellgate: London pushing PC gaming graphics, gamers need a powerful GPU to get the best experience. GeForce 8800 GTS 512 supports DirectX 10, offers killer performance, and does it all for around $299-349."
–Ujesh Desai, general manager of GeForce desktop GPUs at NVIDIA
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® products, the professional design and visualization market with its NVIDIA Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla™ products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit www.nvidia.com.
Certain statements in this press release including, but not limited to statements as to: the benefits, impact, performance and features of GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB graphics solutions, PureVideo HD and NVIDIA SLI technology and availability of NVIDIA products are forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause results to be materially different than expectations. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, delays in ramping new products into production; manufacturing or software defects; our reliance on third-parties to manufacture, assemble, package and test our products; delay in the release of new PC games; unexpected loss of system performance; whether customers continue to adopt our technologies and products; the impact of competitive products and pricing alternatives; changes in industry standards and interfaces; as well as other factors detailed from time to time in the reports NVIDIA files with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its Form 10-Q for the fiscal period ended October 28, 2007. Copies of reports filed with the SEC are posted on our website and are available from NVIDIA without charge. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and speak only as of the date hereof, and, except as required by law, NVIDIA disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect future events or circumstances.
Copyright© 2016 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on NVIDIA, please visit the NVIDIA Press Room at http://www.nvidia.com/page/press_room.html