NVIDIA Launches Personal Cinema FX 5700 Series
Newest NVIDIA Personal Cinema Product Delivers Full DVR Functionality, Best-in-Class Multimedia Software Suite and Stunning 3D Graphics to Desktop PCs
For further information, contact:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
SANTA CLARA,CA—May 11, 2004—NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), the worldwide leader in visual processing solutions, today announced that NVIDIA Personal Cinema™ FX 5700 series is now shipping. The newest product addition to the NVIDIA Personal Cinema product family provides consumers with an easy and affordable way to transform their desktop PCs into digital entertainment centers by combining full digital video recorder (DVR) functionality and video editing software with the power and performance of the award-winning NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5700 graphics processing units (GPUs).
A complete multimedia hardware and software solution, NVIDIA Personal Cinema includes an integrated TV tuner/graphics card with support for digital (DVI) and analog (VGA) monitors, a multifunction remote control (with USB receiver), a media hub that allows for easy connectivity of audio/video peripherals, and the new NVIDIA® ForceWare™ Multimedia software application. The addition of the GeForce FX 5700 model to the Personal Cinema family also features component-out video support for both high definition (HD) and progressive scan/standard definition (SD) TV formats.
“The PC has evolved into a multifunctional device. Consumers today want to use their PCs to watch TV and DVDs, create videos, listen to music, play games, and more. NVIDIA Personal Cinema empowers them to do all of that and more,” said Ujesh Desai, general manager of desktop products at NVIDIA. “The addition of ForceWare Multimedia to the product line is a definite value-add and makes it easier than ever for consumers to watch, edit, play and burn content with one, easy-to-use product.”
With NVIDIA Personal Cinema consumers can:
- Watch TV, DVDs, and digital photo slideshows on their PC. Channel surf, record, and “timeshift” live TV. Find programs quickly and easily with the free Gemstar GUIDE Plus+™/G-GUIDE™ system electronic program guide (EPG). Experience smooth playback of DVDs and create slideshows for digital photos to showcase on large displays.
- Edit home movies and video content with ease. NVIDIA Personal Cinema includes full versions of Ulead® DVD MovieFactory™ 2.5 and Ulead® VideoStudio® 7.1SE software for easy video capture and editing.
- Burn TV, home movies or any video source directly to DVD, CD, or hard drive. Real-time authoring and simultaneous watch-and-record capabilities give consumers added flexibility over where and when they watch their favorite TV programs and videos.
- Listen to FM radio with an on-board radio tuner that also allows for recording and timeshifting of radio content.
- Play the latest 3D games with NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX graphics. The award-winning GeForce FX graphics delivers a full support for the latest Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0-based applications and games and supercharges any gaming experience with blazing-fast performance. NVIDIA ForceWare graphics drivers deliver rock-solid stability and reliability and compatibility for hassle-free gaming, the way it’s meant to be played.
Now shipping inNorth America from add-in card vendor eVGA.com (www.evga.com), NVIDIA Personal Cinema FX 5700 joins a product family offered by the Company, which also includes product bundles based on the GeForce FX 5200 and 5600 models. The NVIDIA Personal Cinema FX series is also available inEurope andAsia. For a complete list of partners, or additional information about the product, please visit the NVIDIA Web site at http://www.nvidia.com.
NVIDIA Corporation is a market leader in visual computing technology dedicated to creating products that enhance the interactive experience on consumer and professional computing platforms. Its graphics and communications processors have broad market reach and are incorporated into a wide variety of computing platforms, including consumer digital-media PCs, enterprise PCs, professional workstations, digital content creation systems, notebook PCs, military navigation systems and video game consoles. NVIDIA is headquartered inSanta Clara,California and employs more than 1,800 people worldwide. For more information, visit the Company’s Web site at www.nvidia.com .
Certain statements in this press release, including any statements relating to the Company's performance expectations for NVIDIA's family of products and expectations of continued revenue growth, are forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause results to be materially different than expectations. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, manufacturing and other delays relating to new products, difficulties in the fabrication process and dependence of the Company on third-party manufacturers, general industry trends including cyclical trends in the PC and semiconductor industries, the impact of competitive products and pricing alternatives, market acceptance of the Company's new products, and the Company's dependence on third-party developers and publishers. Investors are advised to read the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K and quarterly reports on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, particularly those sections entitled "Certain Business Risks," for a fuller discussion of these and other risks and uncertainties.
# # #
Copyright © 2004 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on NVIDIA, please visit the NVIDIA Press Room at http://www.nvidia.com/page/press_room.html