FreeBSD Display Driver – x86
Operating System: FreeBSD-x86
Release Date: April 26, 2006
- Adds support for GeForce 7300, GeForce 7400 Go, GeForce 7600 and GeForce 7900 GPUs.
- Added support for running OpenGL applications while the Composite X extension is enabled; see "The X Composite Extension" appendix for details.
- Enabled hardware acceleration of the Render X extension by default.
- Added "AddARGBGLXVisuals" X configuration option, so that OpenGL applications can render to X Windows' alpha channel.
- Added new "nvidia-auto-select" mode entry for use in the X configuration file; see description in the "Programming Modes" appendix.
- Added support for GLX 1.4.
- Added ability for OpenGL applications to span greater than 4096 pixels when in Xinerama.
- Improved G-Sync support.
- Fixed interlaced modes on CRTs.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License. You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Review Documentation
README - FreeBSD installation and configuration information.
STEP 3: Download the driver
Download Alternatives: Mirror Site 1, Mirror Site 2, Mirror Site 3
STEP 4: Check dependencies
The dependencies are listed in the README.
STEP 5: Install
See the README for detailed installation instructions. If you have any questions or problems, please check the FreeBSD discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.