FreeBSD Display Driver – x86
Operating System: FreeBSD-x86
Release Date: November 7, 2006
- Added initial support for GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap.
- Added new "Display Configuration" page in nvidia-settings.
- Improved workstation OpenGL performance in Xinerama.
- Added support for NVIDIA Quadro Plex.
- Improved X driver error recovery.
- Improved workstation overlay performance.
- Fixed DFP scaling support.
- Added support for OpenGL 2.1.
- Added new "TwinViewXineramaInfoOrder" X configuration option to control the order of display devices when in TwinView.
- Fixed some problems related to TV Out.
- Added new NVIDIA logo artwork to nvidia-settings and X driver splashscreen; the X driver splashscreen can now be configured with the new "LogoPath" X configuration option.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License. You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Review Documentation
README - FreeBSD installation and configuration information.
STEP 3: Download the driver
Download Alternatives: Mirror Site 1, Mirror Site 2, Mirror Site 3
STEP 4: Check dependencies
The dependencies are listed in the README.
STEP 5: Install
See the README for detailed installation instructions. If you have any questions or problems, please check the FreeBSD discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.