FreeBSD Display Driver – x86
Operating System: FreeBSD x86
Release Date: September 17, 2007
- Added support for new GPUs:
- Quadro NVS 290
- Quadro FX 370
- Quadro FX 570
- Quadro FX 1700
- Improved GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap out-of-memory handling.
- Fixed a performance regression on GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Added support for a 'NoScanout' mode to the X driver, useful for
high performance computing environments and remote graphics; please
see the 'UseDisplayDevice' option description for details.
- Improved power management support with GeForce 8 and older GPUs.
- Improved compatibility with recent X.Org X servers.
- Improved G-Sync support with Quadro FX 4600 and Quadro FX 5600.
- Added XV brightness and contrast controls to the GeForce 8
video texture adapter implementation.
- Further improved interaction with ATi RS480/482 based mainboards.
- Fixed stability problems with some GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Fixed XvMC support on GeForce 7050 PV / NVIDIA nForce 630a GPUs
with PureVideo support.
- Added support for bridgeless SLI with GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Fixed rotation support on some GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Fixed a problem causing X to render incorrectly after VT switches
with composited desktops.
- Fixed a RENDER acceleration bug that was causing 2D rendering
corruption in Eclipse with GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Improved VGA console restoration with DFPs and TVs.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in the generation of incorrect EDIDs
on some notebooks.
- Fixed flickering corruption with SLIAA on GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Fixed installation problems on systems with modular X.Org
- Fixed X driver event delivery problems interfering with event
driven features like DamageEvents.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Review Documentation
README - FreeBSD installation and configuration information.
STEP 3: Download the driver
STEP 4: Check dependencies
The dependencies are listed in the README.
STEP 5: Install
See the README for detailed installation instructions. If you have any questions or problems, please check the FreeBSD discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.