FreeBSD Display Driver – x86
Operating System: FreeBSD x86
Release Date: November 16, 2007
- Added support for GeForce 8800 GT.
- Improved modesetting support on Quadro/GeForce 8 series GPUs.
- Fixed stability problems with some GeForce 8 series GPUs.
- Fixed stability problems with some GeForce 6200/7200/7300 GPUs multi-core/SMP systems.
- Fixed a problem with Compiz after VT-switching.
- Improved RENDER performance.
- Improved interaction with Barco and Chi Mei 56" DFPs, as well as with some Gateway 19" DFPs.
- Added an interface to monitor PowerMizer state information.
- Fixed rendering corruption in Maya's Graph Editor.
- Fixed a bug that caused corruption with redirected XV on GPUs without TurboCache support.
- Improved display device detection on GeForce 8 series GPUs.
- Improved usability of NVIDIA-settings at lower resolutions like 1024x768 and 800x600.
- Improved GLX visual consolidation when using Xinerama with Quadro/GeForce 8 series and older GPUs.
- Added experimental support for running the X server at Depth 30 (10 bits per component) on Quadro G8x and later GPUs.
- Fixed a problem that could cause crashes on SMP systems.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Review Documentation
README - FreeBSD installation and configuration information.
STEP 3: Download the driver
STEP 4: Check dependencies
The dependencies are listed in the README.
STEP 5: Install
See the README for detailed installation instructions. If you have any questions or problems, please check the FreeBSD discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email to email@example.com.