Operating System: FreeBSD x86
Release Date: : July 30, 2008
- Added support for GeForce 8600 GS.
- Fixed a problem with missing rendering in OpenGL Workstation Overlays.
- Fixed a problem with running some SDL applications and virtual terminal switching.
- Fixed a potential crash in nvidia-settings when saving to the X configuration file.
- Improved error recovery paths in the case of corruption of the commands sent to the GPU.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Review Documentation
README - FreeBSD installation and configuration information.
STEP 3: Download the driver
STEP 4: Check dependencies
The dependencies are listed in the README.
STEP 5: Install
See the README for detailed installation instructions. If you have any questions or problems, please check the NVIDIA FreeBSD Discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org. When emailing email@example.com please attach an nvidia-bug-report.log, which is generated by running "nvidia-bug-report.sh".