Linux x64 (AMD64/EM64T) Display Driver
Operating System: Linux x64 (AMD64/EM64T)
Release Date: January 21, 2008
- Fixed a problem causing the fan on some GPUs to always run at full speed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the X driver to crash if the X.Org GLX extension module was loaded intead of NVIDIA’s.
- Improved the X driver’s awareness of the current notebook docking status.
- Fixed brightness control on HP Compaq notebooks.
- Fixed a bug in the Linux/i2c algorithm driver implementation that prevented core transfer types from succeeding.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Download the Driver File
Download - NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-169.09-pkg2.run
SuSE users: please read the SuSE NVIDIA Installer HOWTO before downloading the driver.
STEP 3: Install
Type "sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-169.09-pkg2.run" to install the driver. NVIDIA now provides a utility to assist you with configuration of your X config file. Please see Chapter 3 of the README or run 'man nvidia-xconfig' for details on usage. Instructions for those wishing to edit their X config file by hand can also be found in the README.
If you have any questions or problems, please check the linux discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When emailing email@example.com, please attach an nvidia-bug-report.log, which is generated by running "nvidia-bug-report.sh".