Operating System: Linux x64 (AMD64/EM64T)
Release Date: June 11, 2008
- Fixed aliased font rendering corruption on X.Org server 1.5.
- Fixed a display corruption problem driving two dual-link DFPs with Quadro FX 1700 GPUs.
- Fixed a regression that prevented the X driver from starting on some GeForce FX, 6 and 7 mobile GPUs.
- Fixed a locale-interaction issue in the nvidia-settings X server configuration file parser.
- Added preliminary support for Linux 2.6.26.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Download the Driver File
Download - NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-173.14.09-pkg2.run
SuSE users: please read the SuSE NVIDIA Installer HOWTO before downloading the driver.
STEP 3: Install
Type "sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-173.14.09-pkg2.run" to install the driver. NVIDIA now provides a utility to assist you with configuration of your X server configuration file. Please see Chapter 3 of the README or run 'man nvidia-xconfig' for details on usage. Instructions for those wishing to edit their X config file by hand can also be found in the README.
If you have any questions or problems, please check the NVIDIA Linux discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email (in English) to email@example.com.
When emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, please attach an nvidia-bug-report.log, which is generated by running "nvidia-bug-report.sh".