Operating System: Linux x64 (AMD64/EM64T)
Release Date: June 01, 2009
- Fixed stability problems with some GeForce 6200/7200/7300 GPUs on multi-core/SMP systems.
- Fixed VGA console restoration on some laptop GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that caused kernel crashes when attempting to initialize NvAGP on Linux/x86-64 kernels built with the CONFIG_GART_IOMMU kernel option.
- Fixed a bug that caused some performance levels to be disabled on certain GeForce 9 series notebooks.
- Fixed an OpenGL driver crash while running Bibble 5.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Download the Driver File
Download - NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-180.60-pkg2.run
SuSE users: please read the SuSE NVIDIA Installer HOWTO before downloading the driver.
STEP 3: Install
Type "sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-180.60-pkg2.run" to install the driver. NVIDIA now provides a utility to assist you with configuration of your X server configuration file. Please see Chapter 3 of the README or run 'man nvidia-xconfig' for details on usage. Instructions for those wishing to edit their X config file by hand can also be found in the README.
If you have any questions or problems, please check the NVIDIA Linux discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When emailing email@example.com, please attach an nvidia-bug-report.log, which is generated by running "nvidia-bug-report.sh".