Linux Display Driver - IA32
Operating System: Linux IA32
Release Date: June 30, 2004
- Added support for GeForce 6800 series of GPUs
- Added support for PCI-Express
- Added support for GLSL (OpenGL Shading Language).
- Added support for GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object.
- Fixed problem that prevented 32-bit kernel driver from running on certain AMD64 CPUs.
- Added support for ACPI
- Added support for 4kstack kernels.
- Added configuration utility "nvidia-settings". For details, see the user guide
- Added a shell script "nvidia-bug-report.sh" that gathers system configuration information into a log file; the resulting log file (nvidia-bug-report.log) should be included when reporting bugs to NVIDIA.
- Added a new Xv adaptor on GeForce4 and GeForce FX which uses the 3D engine to do Xv PutImage requests.
- View the README (Text Version) for more information on this release.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License. You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
README - Text Version
STEP 2: Download the Driver File
Download - NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6106-pkg1.run
SuSE users: please read the SuSE NVIDIA Installer before downloading the driver.
STEP 3: Install
Type "sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6106-pkg1.run" to install the driver, then edit your X86Config file as appropriate. See the text README for more detailed instructions.
If you have any questions or problems, please check the linux discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email (in English) to email@example.com.