Linux Display Driver - IA32
Operating System: Linux IA32
Release Date: June 1, 2005
- Added OpenGL 2.0 Support.
- Added initial support for Xinerama + OpenGL; see APPENDIX V in the text README.
- Added support for the EXT_framebuffer_object OpenGL extension.
- Added NV-CONTROL support for manipulating DDC/CI settings; see the AllowDDCCI X config option in the text README.
- Added support for GPU clock manipulation; see the "Coolbits" X config option documented in Appendix D.
- Added support for NVIDIA Quadro G-Sync.
- Added support for GeForce 6200 AGP.
- Improved DPMS behavior on flatpanels.
- Removed support for legacy GPUs; please see "Chapter 1. Selecting and Downloading the NVIDIA Packages for Your System" in the README for details.
- Install NVIDIA OpenGL headers by default.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Download the Driver File
Download - NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-7664-pkg1.run
SuSE users: please read the SuSE NVIDIA Installer HOWTO before downloading the driver.
STEP 3: Install
Type "sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-7664-pkg1.run" to install the driver, then edit your X config file as appropriate. See the text README for more detailed instructions.
If you have any questions or problems, please check the linux discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When emailing email@example.com
, please attach an nvidia-bug-report.log, which is generated by running "nvidia-bug-report.sh".