Linux Display Driver - IA32
Operating System: Linux IA32
Release Date: May 22, 2006
- Added support for QuadroFX 4500 X2, Quadro FX 5500, Quadro FX 3500, and Quadro FX 1500.
- Improved Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI support.
- Fixed video memory reporting with GeForce 6200 Turbo Cache.
- Fixed a problem with Overlay support when in TwinView.
- Fixed problems starting X with SLI Frame Rendering on nForce4 SLI Intel Edition.
- Fixed multiple issues with combinations of Stereo, SLI, FrameRendering and G-Sync.
- Fixed several issues with mode selection for CRTs and DFPs.
- Fixed a corruption problem with Rotation and large desktops on older GPUs, including GeForce4 MX.
- Fixed a system crash starting X with TwinView on certain GPUs.
- Addressed an NV-CONTROL compatibility issue; please see the Known Issues section of the README for details.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Download the Driver File
Download - NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8762-pkg1.run
SuSE users: please read the SuSE NVIDIA Installer HOWTO before downloading the driver.
STEP 3: Install
Type "sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8762-pkg1.run" to install the driver. NVIDIA now provides a utility to assist you with configuration of your X config file. Please see Chapter 3 of the README or run 'man nvidia-xconfig' for details on usage. Instructions for those wishing to edit their X config file by hand can also be found in the README.
If you have any questions or problems, please check the linux discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When emailing email@example.com, please attach an nvidia-bug-report.log, which is generated by running "nvidia-bug-report.sh".