Operating System: Linux x86
Release Date: July 30, 2008
- Added support for GeForce 8600 GS.
- Fixed a problem with missing rendering in OpenGL Workstation Overlays.
- Fixed a problem with running some SDL applications and virtual terminal switching.
- Fixed a potential crash in nvidia-settings when saving to the X configuration file.
- Improved error recovery paths in the case of corruption of the commands sent to the GPU.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Download the Driver File
Download - NVIDIA-Linux-x86-173.14.12.pkg1.run
SuSE users: please read the SuSE NVIDIA Installer HOWTO before downloading the driver.
STEP 3: Install
Type "sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-173.14.12-pkg1.run" to install the driver. NVIDIA now provides a utility to assist you with configuration of your X server configuration file. Please see Chapter 3 of the README or run 'man nvidia-xconfig' for details on usage. Instructions for those wishing to edit their X config file by hand can also be found in the README.
If you have any questions or problems, please check the NVIDIA Linux discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When emailing email@example.com, please attach an nvidia-bug-report.log, which is generated by running "nvidia-bug-report.sh".