Solaris Display Driver – x64/x86
Operating System: Solaris x64/x86
Release Date: December 9, 2005
- Fixed GeForce 7800 GTX clocking problem that affected 3D performance
- Added support for new GPUs such as the GeForce 6100 and GeForce 6150.
- Added a new utility nvidia-xconfig, which is a commandline tool for updating X configuration files.
- Added manpages for 'nvidia-xconfig', 'nvidia-settings', and 'nvidia-installer'.
- Improved workstation OpenGL performance on Solaris.
- Made UseEdidFreqs "on" by default; the NVIDIA X driver will use the valid HorizSync and VertRefresh frequency ranges from the EDID whenever possible.
- Added support for Stereo Digital Flat Panels such as the SeeReal and Sharp3D DFPs.
- Added HTML version of the README.
- Added support for static Rotation; see the "Rotate" X config option in the README.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Download the Driver File
Download - NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-1.0-8175.run
STEP 3: Install
Type "sh NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-1.0-8175.run" to install the driver, then edit your X config file as appropriate. See the README for more detailed instructions.
If you have any questions or problems, please check the NVIDIA Solaris Discussion forum.
You can also contact Sun Microsystems for support at http://sunsolve.sun.com, or your local service provider.