Solaris Display Driver – x64/x86
Operating System: Solaris x64/x86
Release Date: November 16, 2007
- Improved modesetting support on Quadro G8x GPUs.
- Fixed a problem with Compiz after VT-switching.
- Improved RENDER performance.
- Improved interaction with Barco and Chi Mei 56" DFPs, as well as with some Gateway 19" DFPs.
- Added an interface to monitor PowerMizer state information.
- Fixed rendering corruption in Maya's Graph Editor.
- Improved interaction between SLI AFR and swap groups on certain Quadro FX GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that caused corruption with redirected XV on GPUs without TurboCache support.
- Improved usability of NVIDIA-settings at lower resolutions like 1024x768 and 800x600.
- Improved GLX visual consolidation when using Xinerama with Quadro G8x series and older GPUs.
- Added experimental support for running the X server at Depth 30 (10 bits per component) on Quadro G8x and later GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that prevented stereo from being enabled properly on some Quadro FX GPUs.
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1:Review the NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Download the Driver File
Download - NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-169.04.run
STEP 3: Install
Type "sh NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-169.04.run" to install the driver, then edit your X config file as appropriate. See the README for more detailed instructions.
If you have any questions or problems, please check the NVIDIA Solaris Discussion forum.
You can also contact Sun Microsystems for support at http://sunsolve.sun.com, or your local service provider.